Tuesday, June 22, 2010

China Glaze Emerald Sparkle - Truly a gem!
























Greetings dear reader. I hope you enjoy my shots of this beauty, Emerald Sparkle by China Glaze. I know it isn't OPI, my long-time favorite brand, but this one deserves love too. I have only recently sampled this brand because of the good reviews and luscious colors I have seen swatched. I was not disappointed in the look or application of this polish. I am sporting two coats with Seche Vite topcoat. Of course I am using my usual Sally Hansen Diamond Strength base coat. I highly recommend this base coat for preventing those nasty breaks.




I love the fact that this polish is so dark as it shades toward the edge of the nail. I also enjoy to see it in the sun, it is very, very ***sparkly ***. The top shot is in sunlight, but it doesn't begin to show the blingy dazzle. It is one of those colors which make it a bit hazardous to drive when it is sunny because of the high distraction factor. I think it is around a 7 out of 10 on the distraction scale. It has a depth which is fascinating, as the clear base allows the layers of glitter to shine through the color.

This polish was available at my local Sally's for $1.99 this week. I guess it is an older one that was gathering dust. It is interesting to see what polishes end up on sale in shops, and which ones just sit there. I would say that in my observations the vampy shades tend to sit there and so do the greens.

Speaking of green, I picked up a Sinful Colors green called "Show me the way" which I thought looks like Street Wear Toad the dark version. I loved the idea of the color, but when I got it outside in the sun, it looked to me exactly the color of the pond scum that I have seen hanging off of my fishing line. Not sure if I can wear this color!! I also paid $1.99 for this one. I am thinking of exchanging it for a dark navy I saw with micro-glitter.





I was highly pleased to find a Transdesign shipment on my doorstep yesterday. I was very naughty and purchased an unnecessary seven additional bottles of polish. I know that I am a polishaholic now. I can admit it and that is the first step to recovery. I can quit buying any time I want to. If I can quit smoking, I can quit this habit too! My addiction always tries to beat my by saying, "Just one more!". Always, just one more. Then that will be the last polish (cigarette) I ever need.

It has been six years since I quit smoking cigarettes. I guess all the money I have saved on tobacco more than makes up for my polish stash expenditures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.