Friday, July 16, 2010

Milani Hi-Tech


This nail polish is bananas. This is Milani 3D Hi Tech, the spring green holographic polish. I must admit that spring green is not the most flattering color on me. However, the fascinating holographic effects are amazing, and they make me love this color intensely.

The application of this polish was similar to the blue in this series, cyberspace. The polish went on easily, the formula is perfect. I rate it a 10 for ease of application. It may tend to leave a bald spot if the brush is pushed too hard or swiped on a subsequent coat more than once. The dry time was very good, 10 out of 10. The finish is a shiny satin, not glossy. I give it an 8 out of ten. And the holographic qualities are a 10. It glows in interior lighting and the holographic particles exhibit a slight rainbow. In the sunshine however, this polish is so mesmerizing I don't want to take it off, though I am trying to wear a different polish every day so I can eventually use up the 100+ bottle stash before I die.

In the sun, there are the usual holo rainbows, plus at certain angles the polish lights up with a colorful sheen unlike any I have ever seen. It mostly shows an electric sky blue, the same yellow green which is the overall tint of the polish, a light orange and a dark orange on the very edges. I tried to illustrate this in my photos.



I had mentioned previously that I was going to be cutting my nails of because I am moving but I decided not to up to now. My nails are real, but the index fingernail is repaired. It broke about six weeks ago down in the quick area so I couldn't cut it off. I started repairing it using super glue and a tea bag. I have had to re-do the repair three times but it is still holding strong. It has grown out about a quarter inch from the quick now.

I am currently trying to snipe a huge lot of polishes on ebay and the auction ends today. They are VHTF discontinued polishes, and though there are three I have already, I love them and I have a compulsion to try to win them. I could collect them one by one, but this would save me a lot of time and shipping costs. I will reveal the results in my next post.

I do this from time to time, I get obsessed on a hobby, purchase tons of supplies, then get disinterested. But with my nails it has been a lifelong hobby that I am almost always interested in. Sometimes I break a nail, cut them all off and then don't polish for a while. Then I get tired of them breaking, chipping and peeling, so I apply polish and before I know it they are growing long again! Polish really protects them.

My best advice for growing long nails is to use Sally Hansen Diamond Strength base coat. The silver bottle with the diamond on it that comes in the hangy box. I am trying some other strengtheners now, also Sally Hansen, with good results. The diamond one is great and I have used it for a long time so I can definitely endorse it as a quality product that does what it says it will.

Wishing you love and pretty polish!

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying my best to not pick at my nails and grow them as long as I can stand. I'll definitely pick up a bottle of the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength. I haven't found a base coat that I love either. Maybe that'll turn into my godsend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your nails are awesome! The polish looks great on you too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.