Thursday, August 18, 2011

My nails are INSANE


Hi there!

The Insane Clown Nail Posse is here. My nails look like a clown threw a glitter party, and this glitter party don't stop!

This is the effect of applying with near reckless abandon:
Three coats of Claire's Mood Polish in confident/peaceful
One coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Strobe Light
One Coat of Sephora by OPI Only Gold for Me
One Coat of Sephora by OPI Flurry Up!
One coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Strobe Light

Claire's Mood polishes are a blast. I love the name, the color, the changing, the whole package is awesome. If you enjoy fascinating things like watching temperature changes that you can normally only feel, then you will certainly enjoy this nail polish. I posted on this type of polish previously so you can see how it changes http://addictedtoopi-yum.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html.

THis manicure is for a celebration dinner tonight. These polishes are all totally awesome. The SOPIs wear like iron as topcoats, and will dress up any color with a little glitter. They contain a mix of large hex and small glitter. These are MUST HAVE polishes.

Strobe Light is one of the most eye catching polishes anywhere, bar none. This polish is not for the faint of heart. You will get attention if you wear Strobe Light. It is really insane at night in bright lights. This polish is literally insane. I have a back up of this one.


This was a previous mani which my husband loved, and I really enjoyed too. First I wore three coats of Sally Hansen Lavender Cloud, then three coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Disco Ball and two coats of SH quick dry topcoat.

I am going to make a slight detour to music!

I bought the Beatles White Album at a local used cd store the day I wore this mani. I never owned it before, but my friends did back in the day, and it was well loved by all of us back in the late 70's, when I was in HS.

I put it on and got chills and such amazing feelings of awesomeness, rock music-love, peace and love, sweetness of my best HS memories - just wow! It was almost too heavy, too much to bear. I heard only the second cd, I still need to play the first, but the time has to be right. I really love Sexy Sadie, Honey Pie, Mother Nature's Son and so many others, too many to list, but it was my memory of Sexy Sadie that sent me to the record store. I had to hear it again.


And back to nails.





Disco ball is sheer, and is perfect over white. It seems to be in a cloudy whitish base, so it would mute another color you put it over I think. It is glitter packed, and lovely in this application over white. I recommend this polish and would repurchase for sure.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutlely love the disco ball swatch =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came to know your blog, loved, congratulations on your corner and lots of success here!
    I'm following your blog now!

    I invite you to meet my Blog and if you like and can also follow my blog...you will be very welcome, feel at home!

    Oh, there's a translator at the end of my page blog, I hope to see you there! :)

    http://umamulherbemvestida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.