Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jordana Celestial and Mermaid's Dream Inspired Franken


Hi there lovelies!  I decided to post this review I wrote this a week or so ago, so my nails are shorter than my previous post.

I am so excited to share my first franken with you today.  It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

But first, here I am wearing Jordana Celestial for the first time.  It is a unique and very gorgeous shade of light turquoise glitter with medium hexagonal glitters, small (regular size) glitter and a finely milled glitter in the mix.  The texture dries gritty, yet the glitter is shiny, unlike the Wet n Wild color Icon Ice Baby collection that came out for holiday 2011, which needs topcoat.  I like this one better because I don't need to use tons of topcoat, in fact, I am not using it at all.  The grit doesn't bug me at all.  My main concern is the glitter shining like crazy.

This seems like a vintage green to me, it is very lovely indeed. These Jordana glitters are wonderful polishes for anyone!  Jordana will definitely be super successful with this line.  There are some unique combinations of glitter colors, the bottles are sleek, modern and pretty with the holographic labels, and I love the silver stripes on the caps.  They make my heart go pitter pat, and they make me very happy.

I paid $1.50 for this polish, since they were on sale at Kmart BOGO 50% off, which I didn't realize until I was at  home later putting it away.  That felt great!  Hey, every little 'elps! 

Now I have a recipe for a Deborah Lippman Mermaid's Dream inspired franken to share.  Obviously, the polish Mermaid's Dream by Deborah Lippmann is a unique, amazing and gorgeous shade.  I had never seen a polish like MD before, and so I really wanted to experience it.  I am so glad that the recipe I devised worked !  Until I get my hands on the original, which may never happen, I can enjoy a similar polish that really satisfies!

I took Pure Ice Splash, and mixed it with Color Icon Cost is no Issue about 50/50.  I think there was a little Seche in the bottom of the bottle, which probably didn't hurt this formula.  This polish is a real beauty, and unique on it's own.  It lacks the green shimmer of Mermaid's Dream, but I don't mind at all.  This finish of this polish is smoother than MD, just judging from the photos.  I am going to call it Mermaid's Rapture.

I think the concept of this polish with the particular mix of shimmer and glitter is genius.  Hats off to Ms. Lippmann again.    I received a compliment on this one and kept it as a pedi for weeks because it was too beautiful to remove.


2 comments:

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.