Friday, June 22, 2012

Tye Dye Chardonnay Manicure

Hi there polished pretty!~ 

Here is a look I did for fun, and for a nail contest!  This is my Tie Dye Chardonnay Manicure. Similar to the cocktail manicure, you paint the three fingers used to hold your cocktail in a contrasting color.

This is an entry for an exciting nail contest at the wonderful blog called Concrete and Nail Polish.  http://concreteandnailpolish.blogspot.com/2012/06/dont-forget-about-my-nail-art-contest.html

Thank you for this contest.

Here are the colors I used:
Sally Hansen Extreme Pacific Blue the solid nails
LA Girl Disco Brites in Hustle purple pictured
Spoiled Designated Driver yellow
Rimmel Tequila Sunrise orange
Revlon Hot Tamale red

To do this I painted all my nails in Pacific Blue.  This awesome shade was on my nails a full day before I decided to tart up my mani with a bit of art.  I intended to sabotage this manicure and just play around, but it met with unexpected success.  I started in the center of the nail with a blob of a lighter color and then just encircled it with the other colors in succession.

 Then once the nail was nearly colored with what appeared to be a multicolored target, I drew a pin horizontally from the center toward the edge of the nail.  For this you must be flexible and quick.  At one point I found myself twisting my wrist completely around to do the stripes which radiate toward the base of the nail.

This was a fun look I would like to try again.



2 comments:

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.