Monday, July 9, 2012

Space Age Nails

Hi! Today I am excited to share a design I found on youtube and recreated for myself. The tutorial is titled "Nail tutorial Blues Lightning" by nail-design.se
Thank you and GREAT JOB on an original idea. I have never seen this pattern on the nail before. To me it looks super modern and like a rocket flare in outer space!!!!! Space Age Nails, awww yeah!

 I freaking love this design! I can envision this in different color schemes, glitters, metallics can be used in one easy manicure! I am excited about this design, can you tell? I love nail art, but for myself, if it doesn't look pretty on the hand I don't like to wear it. This design is very attractive on the hands, it adds a dimension to the nails, and sparkly highlights.

This design also makes my nails appear to be longer because of the highlighting on the tip.  Also, to make the nails appear longer, you could use metallic silver in place of the gray creme, or for a smaller strip in the center. 

Here are the polishes I used:

Sally Girl glitter in way2disco (iridescent teal blue glitter)

 Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Wet Cement (grey cream)

Wet n Wild Grew up Cobalt-imore

Wet n Wild Black Creme

I can see the white strip being neon yellow or orange to represent a white hot rocket flare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.