Friday, July 20, 2012

China Glaze Summer Neons - Splish Splash and Matching my Nails to Stuff

Greetings and welcome!  I hope you are well and happy today.

So, like everyone else, I am going to rave over the China Glaze Neon Collection for 2012.  The awesome is so strong with this collection! I am planning to swatch all of these for you, and really wear them over the next couple of weeks.  Let's see how that goes, shall we?

Here are the eight colors which come in the set:

Left to Right: Love's a Beach, Beach Cruiser, Splish Splash, I'm With the Lifeguard, Sun-Kissed, Orange You Hot, Surfin' for Boys, and Pink Plumeria.

I am really enjoying just looking at the bottles, and deciding which one to wear next.  Today I have for you Splish Splash, a deep shimmering teal blue.  The shimmer in this gives it the extra dimension and depth most neons are lacking.  Today I want to show you how Splish Splash looked on moi!

I found this polish a little thick, and a but tricky to work with.  It covered very well though it was hard not to get the polish too thick sometimes.   Three thinner coats made me feel that I had achieved perfect coverage.







I am noticing things that seem to match this color, like this:
  



Well, sort of.  I become a turquoise magpie, and notice all things that match my nails.  Thoughtfully, I point that out to my husband so he can see and enjoy the similarity too!  He gives this polish five out of five chihuahuas.

This is a fantastic shade of blue, though I don't think it is so neon searingly bright.  I don't have any blues that are this shimmery and bright. It does remind me of a pool or a tropical sea, which is wonderful right now when it is so hot!  It would be nice to dive into these nails right now!

I hope you have a wonderful and cool day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.