Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fit for Royalty - Ledson and China Glaze Rare and Radiant

Hello again!  

I have for you my review of China Glaze Rare and Radiant from the Bohemian Luster Chrome collection.  I can't resist showing you where I wore it, I think the setting is befitting this gem of a polish.


This is well-known as one of the dupes for Chanel Peridot, which must be amazing in person.  I am trusting others on this, since I have never seen the beautiful but elusive creature in person.  In pictures, I believe, to most eyes, this polish is indistinguishable from Peridot.

This is China Glaze Rare and Radiant in the sun.  I believe this is the most reflective polish I own.  I am sure it is the most reflective polish I own.  I can see my nails flashing in the mirror from ten feet away, which was a bit of a shock.  The bottle is reflecting so much it almost hurts to look at it.




I wore this polish on a trip to Ledson Castle, a winery estate in Sonoma County, CA.  This is one American version of a castle.  I LOVE visiting castles.  We did not go inside to taste the wine this time. 



The grapes are nearing ripeness now. 
Harvest celebrations will begin soon.
I cannot wait!


Here I am admiring my nails against the many colors in the courtyard of another winery down the road, Chateau St. Jean.  There were an infinite variety of greens in the plants growing in the courtyard gardens.



As you can see, the shade is very welcoming in our sunny climate.   Chateau St. Jean has a tasting room in this area.  I cannot imagine a much more restorative and tranquil environment.

Below you can see Rare and Radiant in the shade.  You can see my index nail is messed up.  It has been breaking and chipping for months.  It is finally almost grown out to where I can file off the thinner part.

You can see a bit of tip wear after less than one day of wear.  I didn't use topcoat here.  I often like to enjoy the polish as it is, and not apply topcoat, to see how the polish itself wears and looks.

This polish is fantastic!  I love the color and the application was great.  Coverage is good in two coats.  I put three and messed it up with smudging.  I should have left well enough alone.

I accidentally picked up the shade Unpredictable when I meant to purchase this.  I liked it, and still want it, but I HAD to have the is Peridot dupe.  I had just been wanting it too long. 

It is kind of a joke around here, if I have "been wanting" something for a while, that is great rationale for purchasing it! 

I paid a buck for this polish, by using my Sally reward from renewing my membership, plus the discount from having the membership.

I love being a bargain polish hunter.  Sure, I could pay for Peridot if I wanted to.  But it is more challenging to make it look like I did and still have that extra $25 bucks in my pocket.  Even if I have to wait a while.

It isn't that I am cheap, I just like to think I am a thrifty shopper. who likes a challenge.

Have you gotten any free polish lately, or nearly free?  Do share!

lovenailpolish

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.