Sunday, September 30, 2012

Groovy Experiment

Hi there pretty face!


Are you doing alright today?  I hope so.  

Last night I dreamed I put Elmer's glue in a nail polish bottle and applied it to my nails.  This must be my subconscious trying to tell me that I need to try this technique. Have your tried PVA Polyvinyl Acetate
basecoat yet?  Apparently if you apply Elmer's glue to your nails the glitter can be peeled off without damaging your nails.

I think I am going to make my dream come true very soon.

Here is a manicure mostly from the Dollar Tree.  This is Colormates Groovy Green with Colormates striper in a blue frost along with some cute glitters there I found a few weeks back.

I was just experimenting and playing around here.  I didn't do my other hand.  This was time consuming!


I thought the pinkie was  interesting, but out of place. I also used Sinful Colors Smoking Hot glitter on that one.

There is a funky shaped piece of glitter on my middle finger.

This was very hard to photograph, it was very shiny due to the topcoat.

I liked how some of this mani worked.  I can see the seeds of a future successful mani in here.


I hope you liked my experiment.  

Have you seen the entry to my Halloween contest?  Check out the scary polish entered by Kell's DIY Nails here!

Thank you Kelly for entering my contest!  Yaay!

lovenailpolish





6 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I'm curious about the glue basecoat too, I need to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jacqui! Glad you enjoyed it : )

      You are making me smile : )

      Thank you for saying! I had fun showing you : )

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  2. oh my god I'm in love! This looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! And I wasn't going to post them because they aren't perfect! I am glad I did now! I am learning to apply the 80% rule. If it is 80% perfect that is good enough for most things!

      I hope you have a great day! See you soon!
      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  3. This is soooo pretty! I love how each nail is different. Thanks for sharing the glue idea, I'll have to try it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative & unique! Just found your blog tonight, by the way and am loving it so far. :0)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.