Sunday, September 23, 2012

Halloween Scariest Bottle Contest - WIN MY GLITTERS!!!

I am looking for....


"The Scariest Bottle of Nail polish in the USA"(TM) 






Do you own a scary looking bottle of nail polish? 

You do?  Would you like to have some new pretty polish to replace it? 


Of course you would! 
Check this out!
Warning, you will see my scary nail polish bottle. 

Do you have a polish bottle which is an insult to the world of beauty? I do. 

I wonder if yours is uglier than mine.  I recently destroyed a bottle of DS sapphire while trying to "fix" a stuck top by using remover to clean the neck of the bottle.  When I spotted my treasured DS sapphire the next day, I couldn't believe my eyes, and I immediately grabbed it and tried to shake it back to life.  Hahahaha. 

Are you sure you want to see this?  Okay, scroll down then.


























Count Dracupolish is scary alright.  But it gets worse!









OMFG.  What was I thinking here?  I am sorry if you are grossed out, but I am trying to prepare you for scary nail polish by desensitizing you.
















Here it is, what do you think, is it scary?







Here it is, or was, DS Sapphire.  All the holo particles died and made a sludge on  the bottom, separating from the murk.



Whaaaaaaa!




Please, remember to hug your OPI polishes when you put them away, you never know when you will be seeing them for the last time!



If anyone else enters with a scary bottle,  I will disqualify myself in this contest for the title of Scariest Bottle of Nail Polish in the USA, and award this dubious distinction to someone else.  Otherwise, you are looking at it!

If you want a chance to win, simply pick your ugliest polish and post a picture of it and provide me with a link either in the comments below or by clicking the inlinkz button at the end of the post. I will also choose one winner at random, so you can win even if it isn't the very worst looking polish bottle.  


I would only request that you please not do anything to the bottle as it exists currently, simply pick up the polish from your stash and photograph it however you want.   Swatches optional!


If there is an interesting story about your ugly polish bottle or how it got that way I would be interested to hear about the fate of the polish.  I love polish stories.  This will not affect the outcome of the judging though, it is based on the photo of the bottle.

I will crown what I adjudge to be the scariest bottle of polish and announce the winners on Halloween, October 31st, 2012.  



Prizes!!!



To replace your ugliest polish bottle, FOUR pretty bottles!  2011 holiday wet n wild color icon nail colors in the shades: from L to R: Diamond in the Rough, Rockin' Rubies, Back Alley Deals, All in the Cut.

Diamond in the Rough is a close dupe for one of the new Fergie polishes.

It's All in the Cut is a "surpriser".  These holos you see here only come out to play in BRIGHT lights.  This one surprised me when I bought it and the medium glittters looked pale pink in the store, then when I saw it in the sun, I was surprised!




And I will send another winner chosen at random two Milan Jewel effects polishes in Gold and Silver.  I previously swatched the silver here.

Rules and conditions:


This contest is open to residents of at least 18 years of age in the continental USA only : (  I I am sorry if this means you are not able to win.  I wish I could afford to send polishes on trips to other shores, it is the thought that counts right?     If you still want to share your scary bottle with us, I would love to see it, and share it with everyone for an honorable mention.  

Subject to federal, state and local laws. 

This is a personal contest sponsored by myself with prizes I purchased.  Of course, if anyone wants to sponsor this contest and add to the kitty, that is a win - win for everyone!  

The contest ends at 23:59 October 30th, 2012 PDT, with winners to be announced on October 31st, 2012 .

How to enter:  Submit a link in the comments below or by using the inlinkz button at the end of this post.  One entry per person. 

Notification:  The winners of this contest will be posted on this website on October 31st, 2012. At that time I will invite winners to email me their mailing address so I can send their Halloween treats!

If the potential winner(s) fail to contact me or their prize is undeliverable they will forfeit their prize. If in any event the winnner(s) are disqualified, a winner will be chosen from remaining eligible entries by random drawing.  Only one alternate drawing will be held, after that the prize will not be awarded.

The winners will be decided by myself and the staff here at Addicted to OPI-yum. We reserve the right to alter or terminate this contest and participants agree to hold harmless the sponsors against any claim arising from participation in this contest. I make no guarantees regarding this contest.


Thank you for playing along! 



 lovenailpolish  

35 comments:

  1. OMG poor DS Sapphire! That is why I always use thinner to clean my bottles just in case any get into the polish. I definitely have a SUPER DUPER scary bottle of polish to submit!! I can't wait to show you =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaayyyy! Awesome! I cannot wait to see your scary polish!

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  2. Ahahahaha!!! This is one of the funniest blog posts I have read. XD Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog (which led me to your awesome blog!! :D). I really appreciate what you wrote so much, and I hope that you feel better too!! *hugs!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay! You liked my silly post! And my comment too!

      Wooooohooo! I am happy ! Thank you for visiting me and letting me know you liked it.

      I am glad you didn't mind my unsolicited advice. I just love being a people helper : D

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  3. Haha what a great idea! I don't have a scarier polish than that but I hope you find even prettier colours to replace it!

    Love the little spewy one - totally cute for a chunder pic lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julz, thank you for that nice sentiment! I am glad you like that picture in particular. I questioned whether I should share that one, but you make me feel like it is okay to share my gross art!

      : )

      Thank you!!

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  4. Killer Contest! I actually got excited and had to run and see if I could find a scary polish bottle... Ended up finding Maybelline Express Finish in I-Scream Lilac. Looks like a zombie bottle with the faded purple and pink jelly goo. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! Yaay!

      My second scariest bottle is a Maybelline Express Finish too! It is in the color "Crimson" hahahaha! Scary color indeed! What is it with Express Finishes being so scary?

      I will have to post a picture of mine for fun.

      I am so glad you have a scary bottle! I can not wait to see it!

      Thank you for visiting me, and for your enthusiasm and for joining my blog! Woohoo!

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
    2. Ironically, I love zombies... Ha!

      I don't know about you but back in the day Maybelline had the most unique colors. However, they don't stand the test of time all too well. I also no longer buy Maybelline because they test on animals. Figures, as soon as I go Cruelty-Free they come out with their Color Show line; I'm forced to stare at them with contempt when in the cosmetics department. :-)

      Delete
  5. Heeeyyyyy Kelly! Congratulations, and thank you so much for bravely entering the first "Scariest Bottle of Nail Polish in the USA" (tm) contest!

    Yaaaay! Check out that scary polish!

    I want to shake it up so badly. The contents as they are now are quite eerie.

    This bottle is a major contender Kelly!

    Now, thanks to you, I don't have the scariest bottle anymore, I am disqualified!

    Thank you for playing Kelly!!

    lovenailpolish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe no one else has entered!

      Gonna go post it on my FB page...

      Delete
  6. OMG... I love your Contest!!!!
    wish I was living in the states to participate...
    will shout your link on my page of FB is so worth it...
    my love to you... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dreamymmnails!

      Since you asked, I am looking into making it international!

      : )

      I appreciate your spreading the word and sharing the love so much !!!!
      : )

      ((hugs))
      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  7. Hey this giveaway is awesome, totally unique :)
    My entry isn't really the best and it's a really old bottle of Sally Hansen, I think a bottle of nail polish remover got leaked on it. I thought about a bottle of Maybelline, and then decided that the purple was better. I hope you think it's scary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morgana! I am so excited that you entered my contest! Yaaaay!

      That bottle looks pretty creepy for sure! It seems ghostly!

      Thank you so much for entering and taking a chance to win my GLITTERS.

      Thank you SO MUCH for entering, and for spreading the word about my contest!
      have a great day!lovenailpolish


      Delete
  8. I have a question about the bottle contest. Does the bottle itself have to have something wrong with it or the polish? Thank you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Angela! Thanks for asking!

      It could just be any old ugly/scary bottle, it doesn't have to be broken or messed up, just unattractive enough to make you not want to pick it up and wear it. It could be an color you find ugly.

      I hope this helps! Thank you for visiting me Angela!

      Do you happen to have any yukky ones?

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah. I have this bottle that has this blob of other dried up polish stuck to the side of it and it looks like maybe my daughter decided to paint on it at one time or another, maybe she thought it needed 'dressed up'. lol I'll send a photo of it later tonight. :)

      Delete
    3. I got my photo linked up. :0) Good luck to everyone!

      Delete
    4. Hey Angela! Oh man, this is great!!!! Thank you for entering that, excuse me, ugly nail polish in this contest. This is a great entry!!!!!


      Thank you so much, look at those scaries!!!!!

      hahahahaha

      Delete
    5. I shared this give-away on my FB page and getting ready to add it to my blog as well. Hope you get some more entries!

      Delete
  9. What a fun contest! I was hesitant to enter because I didn't think I had any scary bottles, until I discovered this 5+ year old bottle of CG NailSlicks (Do they even still make these?) in Cherry Brandy hidden at the back of my collection. Not only is the creepy blood red pigment completely separated from the clear polish, but the cap is also crusted shut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taryn! Thank you, I wish I had thought of it, it was my husbands idea! Yesssss! Nail Slicks, I remember those! I am glad you have a potential winner there!

      I knew there were other nail polishers out there with yukky bottles like me!


      Great seeing you, thanks for stopping by.

      I am really looking forward to seeing your bottle.

      Delete
  10. OMG this had me howling with laughter!!! I need to find a scary polish bottle at once! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovenailsuk!!! I am so happy you LOLLED!!! HAHAHAHAAAAA

      I lol when I see mr green chunder up there!

      I love to laugh, and be silly, don't you?

      WINK! WINK!

      I can not literally wait to see this bottle you seek. I will post a special post with all the bottles soon!

      Delete
  11. I'm really hoping for a few more people to enter their bottles. :0) I'll post on my blog and FB pages to see if we can get some more.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ang! ME too!!!! I think between you and I we can get some more! Hey there is one now! SEE?

      You rock Ang!

      Have a great day, see you soon! Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Woohoo! I'm happy to see another entry! Hopefully you'll get a few more too.

      Have a wonderful Sunday!
      Ang

      Delete
  12. And I was saying on Twitter earlier that I didn't have an ugly bottle. Welp, I opened my Sinful Colors bottle to swatch and there was no brush it. I was exited to swatch it too. :) Pick me pick me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! What in the world happened to that bottle? No brush are you kidding me? What are the odds of that, I have six hundred bottles and have none like that !

      Thanks for sharing and entering to WIN my GLITTAZ. YOu like glitter, don't you???

      I am excited to have you enter my contest! YAAAY!

      Delete
  13. The no-brush bottle is le LOL WUT :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! WTF and now there are two! Hahahah le lol wut is le lol wut too!

      Delete
  14. HAHAHAHAA! that picture you made is sooooooo funny :)

    you should just have a scary nail polish blog. for real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that MaeveBe. What a nice thing to say! I think!hahahah!

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.