Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sonoma Sunset

Hello my precioussss....

Here are some of my newest pretties.  As I mentioned, my aunt kindly purchased some sonoma nail art polish for me during a recent visit.

I recently moved to Sonoma County, and I was delighted to discover the sonoma nail art blog.  Sonoma Bento, the author, does amazing hand painted nail art and sells unique and beautiful polishes. So, I was so super excited to have an opportunity to visit the boutique, Tallulah, where the polishes are sold.  

This boutique, in Healdsburg, CA is completely adorable.  I was looking for it, noticed a pretty shop window and was oohinh and aahing, when my aunt said, "This is your shop!"  It took a minute to register, eureka, this is Tallulah!  I tried to find it before, but I was driving and trying to navigate traffic and read addresses, so I missed it.

I admire what Sonoma Bento has created with her sonoma nail art brand.  I have to admit to being a big fan, now more than ever since I have worn her polish.  



After my aunt paid for the two polishes, the girl asked me if I wanted them in a bag.  I was clutching them both and didn't want to let them go.  I had wanted to try this brand for months.  Reluctantly, I let the nice lady have my bottles, and she wrapped them up in tissue and ribbon.  This was a wonderful polish purchasing experience!

First I put the glitter over my purple roses I posted in my last post.  I loved that mani, but I was ready for something new after three whole days.  I applied this in the fading light of the day.


You can see how the colors are vibrant in the sunset light.  This is three coats.  I was very impressed with this glitter. It is a bit of a chameleon, it is fascinating the way it changes in different lights. It applied easily and smoothly for being packed so full of glitter.  It is not top coat hungry, and dries fairly smoothly.

Sonoma sunset contains large purple hexes, large pink hexes, blue medium iridescent glitter and pink microglitter in holo and non holo particles ( I think- it is hard to tell).  I also noticed the large purple and pink hexes seem to be a bit duochrome, or maybe they just reflect differently in sun and shade.  At any rate, the complexity of this polish kept me very interested for two or three days, which is quite a rare feat around here for a single polish.

I didn't see the holo pieces for a while, nor realize where the holo flashes were coming from.  I noticed green, blue red and yellow and orange coming from the small pieces.  You can see what I mean in the picture below where I applied glitter tips to Sation's Tardy Tart.  

I felt Tardy Tart matched the purple glitter perfectly.  I enjoyed the chance to wear my two new polishes together.  
.

This polish is pretty in the bottle. In the picture below, you can see the iridescent medium blue glitter on my thumbnail.  This depicts the color of the evening sky perfectly.  Depending on the angle it shifts to darker blue, or am I trippin'?  


Tardy Tart is awesome too.  It is similar in formula to Miss Emo Shun All, which I reviewed here.  It applied perfectly in just two coats.  

I was pretty mystified by this polish for a while. I couldn't figure out exactly what colors were in there.

I have resisted purchasing indie polish to this point, and now that I have tried it I understand what all the hype is about.  This polish is more interesting and fun than any of the glitters I have been able to buy up to this point.  I was very satisfied with this polish and kept wanting to try it over different things.  You can buy this polish in her etsy shop here.  There is a restock today in her shop of this very polish and her halloween collection. 

I updated this post to show you sonoma sunset over Sinful Colors Unicorn.  My husband suggested that I try sonoma sunset over pale yellow.  I think it is great here too.  He also suggested it over orange.  I can't wait to try that one!

Here I turned the camera around to show you another version of sonoma sunset. 


This is the view of the vineyard behind our house, with the redwoods behind that.  I love to watch the sunlight play in the vineyard, I especially like the way the light hits the ground.  There is a certain time of day when the light glows and we love to stop to watch the light change.  It is a great excuse to stop working and take a moment to look at the beauty surrounding us.  



Thank you for taking a moment with me for nail polish appreciation today. It makes me happy to share with you the things I love. 

lovenailpolish







8 comments:

  1. WOW! Sonoma Sunset is absolutely gorgeous!! I always seem to miss out on these when they go up for sale, I hope to get my hands on some one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqui : ) I know! I didn't want to like it so much.

      I looked forward to getting these for a little while. I hope you enjoy your anticipation as much as I did, I guess that is part of the joy and (joyful) pain of limited edition or hard to buy/find polish : )

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  2. oh yes! how beautiful! love it over unicorn...well its just so beautiful! :) cant wait to see it over orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lyds, I am glad you enjoyed that combo too! I would never have put those two together, but I thought it turned out great : ) That is why I enjoy to let someone else pick colors sometimes.

      I am thinking of China Glaze Riveting with this over it. I have trouble imagining what it will look like. I am going to have to do that combo soon.


      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  3. Woah! Beautiful polishes! I absolutely LOVE. Great colour combinations too btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julz! Thank you! I am glad you like them~ It is fun to try to come up with combinations, I can never imagine what they will look like on me.

      Thank you for visiting and joining~
      See you soon
      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  4. Awesome combos! Thank you so much for this cool review. Don't you love Tallulah?! It is such an amazing shop, and I can't believe that they like me enough to stock my polish there. :) There are some holo bits in Sonoma Sunset, so occasionally you will get a little rainbow flash. Pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again, you deserve many great reviews! Tallulah is totally awesome, your polish fits right in!

      I asked the girl in the shop if she knew you and she said you are an awesome chick. So, yes, I think they like you, alot!

      : )

      lovenailpolish

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.