Monday, September 10, 2012

Oh My Oceania - Oh My Word!

Hello Beauty!

Now this is one gorgeous color!  I ordered this based on LTHP's  (Let Them Have Polish) swatches.  Of course she was spot on with her assessment of this shade as a must have.

It is eye candy for sure.  I struggled to capture the color of this, it is vintagey oceany green, with a richly saturated ocean blue shimmer. That is right, oceany and ocean in one polish.  That is why it is Oh My I suppose!  This polish almost appears duochrome, as you can see in this picture.  The blue shimmer is so strong it takes over the green sometimes. Usually the polish appears to be the greener tone.



Oh My Oceania has a thick and very saturated formula.  The Sation polish brush was similar to the OPI Pro Wide brush, maybe a bit thinner.  It was a little hard to get accustomed to the formula/brush/bottle, but together they were easy to work with.  The bottle is just a little taller than usual, but the heavy glass helps ensure you won't tip it over too easily.  I really am klutzy, so I stay away from skinny tall nail polish bottles.


The finish of this polish is satin.  I applied topcoat so all the beautiful shimmer would really shine.  This shade of nail polish is very unique in my collection. 

Based on my extreme satisfaction with this nail polish, I took the step of ordering Miss Emo Shun All and Tardy Tart from the LE Class of Sation collection.  I can hardly wait for mr enabler/fedex man.

I also recently ordered the first collection of Bundle Monster plates.  I recieved them already though I ordered the Sations several days earlier.  BM came from Hawaii, and the Sation comes from LA area (I am in NorCal).  I have to say BM  and the USPS has it all over Fedex and Sation on delivery speed.

I am still learning to stamp.  I really think it is so much fun!  I bought the little kit at Wal Mart, and it is great.  So now I have lots more images to play with now. Here is a messed up stamping I tried.  I stamped silver crowns on Serena's OPI collaboration color Rally Pretty Pink.  It was horrible, so I put another coat of RPP. Then as you see, I stamped some peace symbols, in a somewhat haphazard manner.  I was sort of fighting a very anxious feeling when stamping these,  I feel like I am going to take too long, and dry the polish, so I try to rush.

I am getting better though.  I am sure I will be able to conquer my stamping related anxiety issues, perhaps some deep breathing meditations and new age music would help!

I pimped my blog a little bit, I am trying to learn HTML here and there.  I am getting over my fear that I will forever break my blog.

 On a related note, how about Serena Williams? I adore her to bits. She just came back from being down 4 games to one, to win the US Open 7-5.  Holy crap.  Oh, and she came back from almost dying not that long ago.  She never, ever gives up and she is a fierce competitor and fighter.  Wow.  Not only is she awesome in the tennis world, but her nail polishes are fantastic.  I really am itchy fingers to get Grape Set Match on my nails.  GSM and I WILL be together, just like in my dreams.

I want to thank my readers for joining, commenting and reading.  I appreciate you each more than you know and I really am excited to share even more with all of you, and learn more about you.

A special thank you to Steph of Imperfectly Painted and Kelly of Vampy Varnish, I appreciate you both very much. I know you are probably  busy, you didn't have to take time out of your day to respond to me, but you did, again thank you.

lovenailpolish






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.