Thursday, October 11, 2012

Better Know a Versatile Blogger - AWARD TIME!

Hi everyone!  I have some very exciting news!  Lusty for Lacquer has nominated me for the:


I don't know that I deserve such an honor, but I'LL TAKE IT with grabby hands! 
: D

And some of you are getting this too!  Read all about it!



Thank you so much Jasmine. Jasmine is the lovely and talented authoress at the nail blog Lusty for Lacquer.  I really do appreciate you Jasmine for taking time to read and comment here frequently.  I promise you, that from this day forward, I will duly uphold my duties as a versatile blogger to the best of my ability, starting now!

The rules of this award state the following:

Versatile Blogger Award Rules !

Nominate up to 15 other bloggers and let them know you nominated them

Share seven random facts about yourself

Thank the person who nominated you in your award post and share a link back to their blog

Put the Versatile Blogger Award in your post



RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME

1.   I have completed two collections in my lifetime, elephant figurines and perfume bottles.  Now I am collecting nail polish!  I don't think it is quite finished yet ; )

2. I lived in England for almost four years

3.  I just cut my own hair this week.  I used the money I saved to buy YOU some nail polish.  Check back you will see!  (Hint, I wonder, do you have an ugly/scary nail polish bottle? )

4. I like maps and navigating.  Without GPS.

5. I have lost 25 lbs in the last two years and kept it off without pills or special diets(finally). After years of trying, I figured this out!

6.   I have been told I was "gutsy".  That was one of my favorite compliments, ever.  It has served to fuel my gutsy side.

7.  I love to ride horses, but I am afraid of them.  I have done it many times though, especially to conquer my fears.


I hereby nominate the following deserving and talented bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award:

1.  TikiBarbie you are just too cute for words.  She can be relied upon for regular postings of no-nonsense cuteness overload, puppehs, kittehs oh, and NAILS!  I love your pictures of cuteness! I present you this award because you are really sweet, special and AWESOME!  Keep 'em coming!

2. Karine's Vernis Club  is sophisticated, bilingual (English and French) and beautiful, and is a lovely reflection of the author, Karine.  She has tutorials for gorgeous nail art too!  I am not just sayin', you are really sweet, special and AWESOME!

3. NailNarcotics Hmm what is this? By some oversight,  reader of this blog, NailNarcotics doesn't have this award yet?  Well I am going to take care of that right now! This website is polish-tively addicting!  Nail art talent for days and days here! Just so's you knows, you are getting this award because you are really sweet, special and AWESOME!

4. Polarbelle. Have you been to visit my one of my top new fave blogs Polarbelle, who's fun tutorial inspired me to paint a portrait of Frankenstein?  Talk about versatile, on her beautifully illustrated blog she posts frequently on some of the best products in all of makeup and beauty, not just nails!  She just posted the gorgeous Skyfall collection pictures, she has the naily news you need to know!  You, dear lady, are really special and AWESOME, mean it!

5. Beauty Gnome When you see these gorgeous nails by BeautyGnome you will see why I chose her for recognition.  Wowza, these sugar skulls are so delicious! I am looking forward to what she does next, are you? In addition to talented, you are really special and AWESOME!  So, here is an award for you!

6. Nailed it NZ It gives me great pleasure to introduce our next award winner, reader Nailed it NZ!!!  Wowwowweewow, this gal has uber artistic talent!  And what a sweet heart. I have really come to enjoy this talented lady's handiwork.  I present you with this award because you really are really sweet, special and AWESOME!

7.  The Scholarly Nail -Brainy nails know,  Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail deserves many awards, so I am doing my part  to recognize her outstanding blog.  She has a fantastical vintage polish collection which she generously documents for posterity.  Street Wears anyone? I hold a warm place in my heart for readers/bloggers like Jacqui, who are avid vintage polish aficionados. You are really sweet, special and AWESOME!

8.  So You Think You Can Paint -is a blog I just found. I adore that name!  She is funny, clever, and she has a great blog where she shows you her pretty nails that flatter every polish! You are really special and AWESOME!

9. Chromatic Misadventures -is a colorful blog with beautiful photos of her beautiful manicures.  Claudia is posting less than she used to, but she seems to be stepping it up again lately.  She has been a long time reader of this blog, so she is automatically special and AWESOME!

10. Troublemaker On Heels -This Troublemaker on Heels is one you really want to know.  Ania is a London-based beautician and beauty blogger who showcases her abundant artistic and creative talents.
Ania is very sweet and lovely, you will enjoy getting to know her! You too are really sweet, special and AWESOME Ania, I appreciate you, thank you for being a friend!  I wish I you could give me a makeover!  If I travel to London again some day I would like to make an appointment!

11. Addicted to OPI - is another long time and much appreciated member of this blog with a wonderful blog herself.  Oh and her blog name is almost the best EVER! : D Until today, significantly, I note she does not display this award on her blog.  She was so happy to win my first ever giveaway, and it made me so incredibly happy to give her the gift of nail polish, the gift that really shows you care and keeps on giving!    So here is another, less tangible, but equally heart-felt gift to you Addicted to OPI. You deserve this award because you are really sweet,  special and AWESOME!

12. Amber Did It - Amber, a new and talented member of my blog,  has made such a wonderful place for us at at her Louisiana-based blog, Amber Did It.

I have been visiting her for quite a while now. I am amazed at her creativity, talents and abilities.  And not only that, she has a creative consultant and muse in her supportive husband!    (WARNING SCARY HALLOWEEN EYEBALLS ON NAIL DESIGN- you know you want to - just click it!) He drew out and designed her nail art for her!  Isn't it just great? I told my husband he needs to step up his game. ; ) I wish for every nail girl to have such a supportive and creative partner.  Oh, and she does NFL nails!  This will impress any guy I think!  I think you are really sweet special and AWESOME!

13.Liesllovesprettythings -Liesllovesprettythings  Pretty Liesl loves pretty things, and I am learning to love pretty Liesl!  She is super sweet, and generously shares her talents with us on her lovely blog.    She covers nails and makeup, and is really great at it too!  Liesl, thank you for being a friend and member of my blog!  You are getting this award because you are really sweet, special and AWESOME!

14.  My World Of Nails - Midlands UK based, this talented artist and long time member of this blog is doing nail art for a living and wrote columns for Scratch magazine documenting her progress through nail tech school.  Help encourage her as she opens her new nail salon!!!  You Go Girl!  You are getting this award because you are really sweet, special and AWESOME!

15.  Ria Loves Pawlish - is a gal after my own heart, she loves puppehs and the beach too!  Once you visit her blog you will agree it is pet and people friendly. She has been a reader of my blog for a while, so I want to say thank you Ria!  You are very appreciated, you have pretty nails, and you are also quite sweet, special and AWESOME as well.

Oh, and in addition to being AWESOME on a global scale, you are all as versatile as can be!  I will be letting each of you know about this very soon!  If you are reading it here first, Congratulations!

I am sorry to those friends I have left out, I wanted to go on and on, but I promised Jasmine to do my best to follow the rules!  But on the other hand....I need to add at least one more person who deserves some recognition today.

16. I am adding Emily at the awesome blog The Lacquerologist. She has degree level knowledge of laquer! She has been really supportive of me here, and I hope you can also support her at her blog.  She is a super sweet girl, and is helping raise awareness of Prostate Cancer with her beautiful purple manicure to honor her Dad.  You will definitely enjoy checking out her blog, she has a real way with words!  You are getting this too Emily because you are sweet, special and AWESOME, and you are a people helper, gotta love that!

I think rules are made to be broken, so I also want to give The Versatile Blogger one more person I really want to honor today, as well as to any blogger who has joined and commented here! I hereby award it to you, for your AWESOMENESS and your for your desire to achieve awards as well as learn about nail polish! Take it and run with it.  Link to your award in the comments so I can read more about you too! It is yours should you accept it! Congratulations, and spam away!

Congratulations to all!

And now you deserve a gold star for reading this far!

(hugs to you the whole day through) -  is that too much? ; )

lovenailpolish











22 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks so much for the nice words about my blog. It made my day! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you are so very welcome Shannon! I am glad to have made your day!!! Now in return you are making mine with your presence here! I look forward to learning more about you in the very near future!

      I think YOU can paint!

      : )

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  2. Thank you so, so much for the award and your incredibly kind words! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there ! I hope you are doing well, and you are certainly very welcome!

      Thank you in return for your kindess, you deserve it kind words!

      : )

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  3. Iggy, you are an absolute DOLL! I just want to hug you back! :) Thank you for your kind and lovely words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay! Glad you like it!

      You are super deserving and welcome!

      : )

      Thank you for visiting me here and making me smile!

      Delete
  4. That is THE nicest thing anybody has said about me in a long time. You are so sweet! Thank you so much for including me. YOU are the awesome one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyy Amber, you deserve it. Thank you for saying Amber, I really appreciate you, thanks for coming her and making me smile. Your feedback really is important to me.

      Keep up the awesome work Amber!

      See you soon!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for featuring my blog Beautygnome.. I really appreciate it! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, oh you are so very welcome, you deserve it. This did not cost me anything, and it is very fun to know I made someone else feel nice. I love giving compliments! And awards!

      : )

      Delete
  6. great post and nominations - you really put some thought into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalsie, thank you for this sweet feedback, I really appreciate you, sweet lady!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi TikiBarbie! You are so welcome hon! I enjoy your cute posts!

      Thank you for visiting me here !

      Oh, and I hope your sweet puppy is feeling better!

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  8. Ahhh thank you my lovely for namination and such a amazing words about me, you're amazing :) I enjoyed reading this post a lot :) Now my turn :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ania! I am glad you are pleased! Simply Smashing my dear!

      I look forward to random facts, Ania style!!!! Thank you for the twitter follow today in #FF. I am learning from you Ania, didn't know #FF before!

      You rock, thank you for sharing your window on the London beauty scene with us. I don't know if you realize how exciting and "exotic" London is to someone from the USA. There is such an exciting fashion scene there, that is like gold for you to mine!

      Anyway, I wish you continued success Ania! I look forward to seeing your future adventures.

      By the way, I really am in awe of bloggers like you who work full time. I am blogging more and I realize how much work goes into it.

      happy day : )
      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  9. aww you are a doll thank you so much for the mention! I know most of the ladies you nominated and they deserve it! I also discovered a few worth reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Karine! Awesome! You are so welcome, it has been really fun to learn more about all of you awesome bloggers!

      Thank you for stopping by Karine, and keep up the great blogging!

      Have a wonderful day!

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your award and to the ladies of the other blogs for the award you gave them. You are all AWESOME! I even picked up a few new blogs to read today. :0) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angela, thank you for those kind words. I am glad you enjoyed my awards ceremony!

      Thank you for dropping a line!

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for my award and the super kind words. Your so kind. Thank you again. I am about to blog about it now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome lovenailsuk. I look forward to that!

      Best!

      lovenailpolish

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.