Friday, October 19, 2012

Duochrome Moon and Stars in Blurple Skies

Hi there pretty face!

I hope you like my mystical manicure I created, with guidance from my inner moon child!



Bizarre Blurple makes a fine deep space background here for my duochrome moon and sparkling stars.




My moon is Sally Hansen Nail Prism in White Diamond.  This is a wonderful use for this duochrome.  It has a moon-like glow. My stars are LA Colors Sassy Sparkle, do you like this $1 polish from Dollar Tree?  I thought you did.  It is an easy to remove glitter in a clear base.  What lovely stars it made!


I used some nails stickers from Sally Beauty Supply I had left from last year.  I dabbed on the Fergie New Years Kiss (swatched here) stars in a random manner, adding a pink one to the moon.  At first I thought I would limit the colors to just the red, but I love the pink and blue too, oh, and the silver as well!


Here is Bizarre Blurple all by itelf.  It was bizarre alright, the formula was unlike any other I can remember from China Glaze, really hard to describe and apply. Thin and runny, but better applied thickly.  Very beautiful for shizzle.  And look a these results!

There is still time today to win this polish, Bizarre Blurple, in the four piece Wicked Limited Edition Halloween set I am giving away here.  It contains Roguish Red, Ghoulish Glow, the gorgeous Glitter Goblin and this delicious blurple.  Plus  ICING Black Shredded.

Today's addition to the grand prize in my Scariest Bottle of Nail Polish in the USA is one bottle of China Glaze Want My Bawdy.  You will want to have this LE in your collection if you love super shiny metallic blue!  

I hope you enjoyed my manicures today!

lovenailpolish

10 comments:

  1. this is so cool!!!! I can't wait to try out my bizarre blurple!! kinda disappointing to hear about the formula though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gosia,
      I know,it is aptly named. I will be interested in your review of this lovely color. It is unique, so I am keeping it!

      I hope you like it too! I found applying it thickly worked best, but angling the nail down so it doesn't flood the cuticle.

      Best of luck!
      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  2. I love that color and what you did with this mani. Again, super creative! Your nails are getting more gorgeous everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, now you are just too sweet! Thank you so kindly for your words, and for making my blog really exciting lately ; )

      My husband wants me to do nails inspired by your half moon leopards. He realized later that your nails were what made him want me to do pink with leopard spots. I am so doing this now

      I will try to do those soon and show you!

      Delete
  3. Man, you have such awesome long nails. I have bizarre blurple too, and I found it turned out just blue in photos too! Your mystical manicure looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessieeeeee, HEeeyyyy! You are so sweet to say! I shortened them before I did these nails would you believe it? Have you seen my posts from a couple of years ago?? My nails were the longest they have ever been and when I look back it is amazing even to me. I didn't do much diy stuff back then.

      Do you like the formula of bizarre blurple? I had cuticle flood and drag! I hope yours is good for you!

      But the color is to die for. It is not the same as the other blurples I have seen, like Orly Mysterious Curse aka Royal Velvet. I love it as a night sky! Obsessed with this China Glaze collection right now.

      Delete
  4. Looks great on you. I love the little bat decals so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Short and Sweet Nails, you are very Sweet indeed! I loved them too, I was happy to find these little leftovers from last year hiding away, lonely and forgotten! They were tough to work with, the tore easily and didn't want to come off of the backing.

      I guess the lesson here is use them up the year you get them or they might get finicky on you!
      Thank you for finding my blog, so I could find you!

      Delete
  5. I've kind of given up on China Glaze-their formula just wasn't doing it for me-but this sure is a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bats! Wish I can find those here since I can't make decent bat designs :-/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.