Monday, October 15, 2012

Naked Glitter Skittles and the Weekly Blogazon Roundup

Welcome !

I hope your day is going well for you.  Let's enjoy some polish, shall we?

Here I present for your viewing pleasure in all it's glory, China Glaze Naked.  


A shimmering pink reminiscent of naked skin.     4 coats here, not the greatest vnl coverage with this shade.  I still see vnl in my pic.  I also see a flaw in the polish on my nails in this picture, but I won't point  it out to you yet.  Can you spot it? Hint, not around the cuticles.  I am sure those are messed up.  

I saw it, and I wanted to hide the flaw, so I covered it with glitter!
Skittles!  Another fun skittles mani today!


I wanted to see what each of these looked like over the pink Naked.  So I played here with Jordana Gems (thumb), Fergie New Years Kiss(index), OPI Teenage Dream (middle), Jordana Outer Space (ring) and ICING Black Shattered (pinkie), which I am giving away here.

I also put Jordana Sequins on a thumbnail. This reminds me of Christmas cookies.  I didn't photograph any more nails because they were messed up from cleaning house. Glitter skittles made me happy.

Here is the latest weekly edition of the Beauty Blogazons roundup, featuring the some of the best posts from the last week by the Blogazon Beauty Blogging Gals!

 
     




I decided to show you the haircut I did on myself. I was trained and licensed as a cosmetologist, and I love a challenge so I cut off one inch all over, even the length in the back. I do this often, even fixing haircuts I have paid for and are crooked etc.





Yep, I have blue hair, but not the good kind! : )

I actually get many compliments on my gray stripey hair.  I quit coloring it years ago, now I get more compliments than ever.  I went gray in my 20s, so I got burned out on coloring it pretty early on, and when my friend asked me to stop, it didn't take much persuading.  Now I get more compliments than ever, from both sexes and from all ages.  Who would have believed it, not me!!!

Just think of it as silver or platinum~  I do, I am proud of living long enough to grow all these riches!  After years of hating my hair, I am proud of it now and I love it!

I thought I would document my hair, and show younger gals that you CAN rock gray hair, and save all that money on hair color!  Just get an edgy cut!

Here is a picture of me with the only hairdresser who ever did my hair exactly PERFECT.  Do you know who this man is?

 One tip I always remembered from beauty school, brunettes especialy should spend their money on diamonds, not hair color. ; )

lovenailpolish


18 comments:

  1. LOL....I WISH my flaws needed to be circled! You are funny:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have seen the photos at other angles, HUGE ding! I salvaged that one, right?

      Thanks Essie Rae, glad i could make you smile with my silly.

      Have a super happy day!

      Delete
  2. YOUR AWESOME!!! lol I love the grey. Your very lucky its such a pretty colour of grey. Sometimes people aren't so lucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyyy there Nail Narcotics!! Why thank you, blushing, you are just too kind! You are a such a sweetie pie.

      Yep, I do feel blessed in my silver helmet!

      Like my halo hahaha!

      Thank you for making me smile, again : )
      Happy day to you dear!

      Delete
  3. You're hair is so pretty! I love it, very different. I love that black shatter polish too. I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Laine Award :-)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi In the Red! Thank you for the sweet hair compliment, I thought I would hair share for a switch!

      Hey, now that is really so nice-----ThanK YOU for the AWARD!!!! I have some more exciting new facts and bloggers I can share with everyone, this is so much fun! : ) Thank you for making me smile so much : )

      Now I can confidently say I am a multiple award winning blogger!!! I am going to do my dance of joy now! Excuse me, would you?


      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  4. I love your hair - fantastic! Good on you for owning it :) I bet that once you were more confident in your hair that it came across as well! Great colour too! I love China Glaze and may just have to look into this beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JUlz! Thank you so very much for the sweet compliment on my hair, they NEVER get old, unlike me hahahaha!~

      Nsked is a very very pretty pink, with it's shy shimmer! And I am not big on pink. I am now wanting Strawberry Fields, do you have that one Julz? It is also quite beautiful : )

      Happy polish day to you!

      Delete
  5. I like your haircut! Btw, I sent you email in your ymail, I need your reply asap. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeey Kath, I got that email and THANK YOU for letting me know here that I won your super awesome ULINX MAGNETIC BRACELET GIVEAWAY! THANK YOU SOSOSO MUCH!

      I am so excited, I cannot wait to get my bracelet!!!!

      Thank you Kath! YOu really are the FABZILLA!!!

      Delete
  6. Great haircut :) And lots of compliments to your nails ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the hairdresser kissing me designed it for me!

      My nails are very flattered! Thank you for your kindness and for visiting me. I appreciate your sharing your thoughts with me, as always!

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi KarenD, so nice of you to say : D My husband loves it too, and asked me to stop cutting on it myself, and get a proper haidresser!

      But I enjoyed sharing my mad Edward Scissorhands haircutting skillz with you!

      I thought about you when I bought Swanky Silk the other day after seeing your swatches.

      ; )

      Delete
  8. Ohhh I was sure I have posted my comment here and now I can see it didn't published. DOhh!
    I absolutely love those naisl polishes! I use ot hate pink, now I think its soo pretty hahaha
    Your haircut is amazing, and your hair colour, suits you and I think it's great you don't colour your hair anymore! I have to admit I do colour my hair in red as I love vibrant colours and I have been doing it for few yours now, but I think your hair colour just show how awesome it can look! I don't know who theat guy us :( tell me :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ania, it is Peter Ishkhans, aka Peter Perfect. He is one of the most adorable men ever! He was on a US show, Fashion Police, and had his own show Peter Perfect, he has lived over here a while now.

      Thanks for your compliments, that means much coming from a beautician such as yourself! : D

      If I colored my hair, it would be red, at least for a while ; )

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  9. Loving Jordana Outer Space... Gonna have to hunt that one down!

    ...and I think your hair looks great!

    My mom's hair turned grey early too, but she was a heavy smoker and it really did a number on her color. Yours looks really healthy and like you said: A killer cut makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kelly, oh thank you! And I am sorry for making you want OUter Space, it is $2.99 on Jordana's website.

      I heard a comic saying her mother's hair was really short and spiky, it just kept getting more "aggressive" each time she had it cut. I love fierce but sweet older ladies! : P

      I hope your day is AWESOME!

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.