Tuesday, November 6, 2012

China Glaze Elephant Walk

Hi there!

Welcome to my review of China Glaze Elephant Walk, a limited edition (LE) polish in the On Safari collection, for Fall 2012.  This polish is a lovely green leaning gray with a subtle silver shimmer.  What you see in the bottle is pretty much what you get.


I was surprised to find how much I loved this color.  It is so elegant.  I am really into gray polish lately.

These pictures are two coats, no topcoat.  This polish applied beautifully, the formula is enjoyable it is so good.  This polish has my vote!  It dried quickly with no streaks, cuticle drag or brushstrokes.  

This gray reminds me of government offices, the chairs, desks, walls are often gray.  This is a good polish for election day, it would coordinate well with voting materials and booths! Plus you could put some nail art on there, it makes a great canvas for political art!  


I put glitter over it, but I soon wished I had left it alone for a little longer.  Shocking I know!  I often reach for glitter before the base is even dry!  It is almost automatic.  Solid colors are a base for glitter much of the time.


These pictures show my hand on Skully's blingy sister.  I meant to show her to you before Halloween, but here she is!  I think she is pretty, for a skull.  She needs a name though.  Suggestions?


You can see the stripey tunic shirt and maroon corduroy pants I paired the polish with. I enjoy discovering unique combinations of polish and outfits.  I like to matchy matchy too, but there are more possibilities with contrasting and complementary shades.  This was not a favorite combo, but it was fun to try.


Today is election day here in the United States.  I am planning to exercise my right to vote and take part in a peaceful (hopefully!) transfer of power. EDIT Just to clarify, by transfer of power I refer merely to the act of voting, I do not mean to imply I am on one side or the other in this election. I try to avoid the subject, among friends ; )

I hope that you are able to vote freely and easily today if you wish to, and make your voice heard.  Every one of us are VIPs in the voting booth today!

No matter where you live, I wish you a very wonderful day.

Love, Flowers, and Hugs

lovenailpolish


21 comments:

  1. Me too, me too!! This is so pretty, I don't know why I don't own it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liesl, maybe because like me you thought grey=dull? I never was into it before, but the polishes are just so yummy once I gave them a little chance!

      Love your new pic btw! : )

      Delete
  2. So I'm really not into grey but this is the only one that I love!!! Must be the green it it. Awesome blingy skull!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gosia! If you own one grey, this would be a good choice. At least you could love this formula! Nearly Delicious!

      This would seem to be a good one for mountain climbing, not distracting! ; )

      Delete
  3. I've passed up on that polish even time I've seen it & now am reconsidering. Polish hunt! LOL

    I think Sugar would be a good name for that bling'd up beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inky whiskers, hello there ! Thrill of the hunt! This one may be available cheap, I paid 1.50 at Sally's on sidewalk clearance.

      If you want it I hope you can find it or at least find one close and kill the lemming!

      Delete
  4. I love neutrals! Grey is a neutral so it goes with everything... I love using different neutrals together because it adds interest. Can you tell I love What Not To Wear?!? LOL

    I definitly voted... Mailed it in last week. When you say 'Transfer of Power' I wonder if that's a hint at who you voted for... LOL You don't have to tell me, I'm just being silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What not to WEAR?? I LOVE THAT show! Makes me wish I had tv still! LOL.

      I love putting outfits together and styling! I bet you do too!!

      Good point Kel! Nope, I didn't vote for either one, I voted for BACON! KEVIN BACON! I write him in every time-ON MY SANDWIch! Just jokin! LOL

      Delete
  5. Hi,
    We received your iFabbo application. In order to finalize and approve your application we need your email address. Please email us at info@ifabbo.com.
    Thank you,
    Dinah
    iFabbo Intern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOhhhhhh REALLY!!! This is TOTALLY making my day right now oh my gosh you guys! Wooooooooooowooooooowhooooo!

      I hope I didn't mess up and forget my email in the app! Here goes you guys, wish me luck!

      Yipppeeee!

      Delete
  6. I love this color! I have one similar from NYC, called Sidewalkers. Your nails are perfect. They grow so nicely, what do you use? You make me want to try and grow mine out! They would never grow the nicely though :-(. The skull is so pretty, perfect for this pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind my friend! Thank you for saying that, but they are not really perfect, I do my best to make them look that way, so thank you for the great feedback! : O You are making my day : )

      My best tips are Sally Hansen Diamond Strength basecoat in the silver bottle in the hangy card thingie, and always keeping polish on my nails. I find if I keep them polished they break and peel much less, and I am less inclined to pick at them. Since you asked, this is giving me even more reason to do a post on my best tips for growing strong nails.

      Thanks, as always, for taking time to visit and comment, I appreciate it so much!

      Delete
    2. A best tips post would be great!!! You're nails are gorgeous and natural, and that's perfect enough =) Thanks for the info on the Sally Hansen...I'm gonna try it out. I'm thinking about starting a personal challenge to grow my nails,I'm just so afraid that I'll end up with stubs :-(

      Delete
  7. Oh such a pretty colour! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorites from that collection. Ok, I say that about every polish but I think that On Safari is by far the best China Glaze Collection of the year. It was just perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't this sort of like the color the Michelle Obama wore on the night that Pres. Obama accepted the nomination at the Democratic Convention??? Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, good eye nailtiger : D

      Thank you for noticing and supporting me here : )

      You sir, rock so hard ;) XOX

      Delete
  10. Loving your blog, you're wonderful. Your nails are spectacular and your color picks out of this world. I adore CG elephant walk ... I too think the On Safari collection ,amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the nicest comment ever, it made me feel so much better when I really needed to, sheatatum101. Thank you ever so much times infinity : )

      May you also be blessed with a little joy in your day, such as you have given me, here. Thank you!

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.