Wednesday, November 14, 2012

China Glaze Winter Holly

Hello and welcome!

Now here is one of the pretty new China Glaze Holiday Joy Limited Edition collection, Winter Holly.  'Tis a jolly holly indeed, this holly of winter!  Here is three coats and no topcoat to show this unique texture.
.
In the photo above I am wearing three coats of this polish, no topcoat.  This texture is new to me with this collection.  It is like a fine grit, I am supposing this is what the OPI sand textures will be like. I approve of this, because it is so sparkly!

This polish builds up after three coats to be opaque, but not shiny, the texture is like very fine sandpaper, not very sharp feeling, but snaggy around the edges.  What I mean is that your fine knits will catch on this polish where it sticks off the tips of your nails until it wears smooth, or you file it down, like I did. I applied topcoat.

Blurry for sparklage.

Behold the holo-day joy!  This polish is sparkly with topcoat, but like the Angel Wings, shown here, even with two coats of topcoat it is not glossy smooth.  I bet you could get it that way with enough coats.

I smudged my pointer finger badly when drying.  I used one of my polish tricks to smooth it back out.  My trick is to heal the ding by rubbing the ding with a wet finger ever so gently, or even take my nail to a drinking glass, look at it through the glass, and press the ding onto the smooth surface, and smooth the surface by rolling back and forth on the glass as I look through to see how I am hitting the ding.

Your polish has to be smushy but not tacky to mold it back into place, like sculpey clay!  Now this polish is a new animal to me, and would definitely lend itself to molding into shapes, like clay!

I have the idea to mold it into three D shapes for my nails.

Will I do it?  Will you?  Somebody will I bet? LOL!


I molded the polish on my first nail back into shape and added more, it wound up taking a while to dry and dinged up but I kept molding it back. It ended up being very thick on my index nail. This is a good example of a nail polish that would be good to protect your nails from breaking.  It really does dry to be almost cement-like~ and this polish is very forgiving.



I had the idea to redo this manicure, because of the mess on my cuticles.  But I decided that isn't so important, and I want to move on to a new acquisition today, Color Club Glitter Wonderland.  I think it smells amazing!



I recently finished painting my bathroom and it is almost the same color as Sation Miss Emo Shun All.  I once read of a woman who ordered enough OPI polish to paint her kitchen cabinets.  Do you like to paint whole rooms? Would you paint your room in a color to match a nail polish?

Love Hugs and Flowers to you the whole day through

I appreciate you  : )

lovenailpolish



14 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like a forest of Christmas trees!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a beautiful and unique polish, very Christmas tree, I agree! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. I totally would, but... The SMELL! XP it gets to me after a while.

    also, pretty glitter! Looove the holo sparkliness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fitzy, the smell of nail polish or paint? Paint usually is annoying but the one from Lowe's was not bad!

      Thanks for the nail compliment, you have great taste too! ; )

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I wish there is a way to share with my friends, there must be a way besides Lacquerous! LOL

      Sorry to your wallet Wes....

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Shannara, it is and this new texture is fun and friendly!

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty colour! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julz, I am glad to bring holiday joy to your eyeballz! : )

      Delete
  6. I wish there was a picture of the finished result of painting her cabinets in nail polish! LOL I typically like the colors of polish that I would choose for wall colors; like soft neutrals. I like accent walls too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! OPI may have that, I think the woman ordered gallons of the polish~ Can you imagine the smell? UGH~

      Delete
  7. I bought this today! Can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Marissa, I hope you love it as much as I do! Will be interested to know what you think!

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.