Sunday, November 18, 2012

Even More DIAMONDS for Rihanna and I


Hi there lovely fingers!

Thanks for clicking on over here today.

Here is an artistic shot of my nails inspired by Rihanna. I used Maybelline Color Show LE Sequins in Silver Gleam. The round brush from the adorable little bottle was used to create the "diamonds". 

This manicure was inspired by Rihanna's new CD UNAPOLOGETIC, released tomorrow, and a mani she wore a while back,.  I synthesized some of her style, the multi patterned nails, skittles if you will, with some rock star black leather and bling. I think Riri would rock something like this, perhaps even with real DIAMONDS....


This is one coat of Silver gleam except the ring finger has two, see that coverage over black?  This glitter is so incredible, I am looking for backups of this and the gold one, Gold's Night Out.


The diamonds look 3D.  That thumbnail reminds me of 1D. LOL Nod to my new friend who loves them! Sparkylie of Sparkyl!e Nails!

See what I did there Sparkylie?


Sparkyl!e wants 1D to notice her nails! I wish Riri could see mine, so we are teaming up to make our dreams come true!  Team tweeting might get this done.  You are invited to join our tweeting teams!  Just tweet our manis to the celebs whenever you see them on there!

This works! I got one of my fave artists to follow me by replying to their tweets!  My husband also got one of his fave comics to follow him! Twitter is a blast!


It is theoretically possible for Riri to see these, right? LOL


I would never wear real diamonds on my nails, but these little glitter dots fill the bill beautifully!


The adorable round brush from this bottle is perfectly sized for making these 1/4 carat sized dots! I pulled the brush straight out, and lightly ran it around the inner rim of the bottle to take of the extra polish, just leaving enough to stamp a dot the size of the brush or so.  Too much polish on the brush will make your dots blobby. not quite a dry brush here, but not runny either.



Here is my right hand. One of these nails is badly broken and repaired with super glue and a wait for it....

tea bag.





Do you want to see my broken nail? You are a brave soul, aren't you? OK ! Behind here in case you don't want to see, it isn't bad, I even couldn't tell in the pic, at first.



I broke this  nail while lifting a rubbermaid storage container, the handle gave way. No amount of glitter could have prevented this sad result. That will teach me do do housework LOL.

This break is 95% of the way across, if it had been all the way, and I may have given them all the chop, and nubbinized.  But it was a very good candidate to repair.  First, the nail was perfect when I laid it back in place. There was an area of sheared nail, which was textured, for glue grippage.  It had lots of surfaces on either side of the break to adhere with my super glue gel.  I immediately ran for my remover, and soaked the nail in it straight away to remove the polish.

Then I glued it with only glue and pressed it into place. Whew. Then I tore off a piece of teabag, yeah,teabag, and laid it over the break for reinforcement.  Then another layer of glue, drying time, a bit of file sculpting, then buffing, and some Diamond strength basecoat.  A layer of glitter will hide any imperfections, as you see in my diamond mani.  This repair is strong!

I have repaired nails like this which were broken so far down they could not be cut off straight across.  I can sometimes maintain repairs until they are fully grown out.  This is an experiment to see how long it can hang on, or if I have to CHOP CHOP with the guillotine!




Here I hold Calorie Countess by Sation, a new acquisition. $2.99 at tjmaxx.

Love Hugs and flowers to you the whole day through
lovenailpolish

33 comments:

  1. Rihanna would be proud of those sparkly bits! Wow, do they shine like diamonds. Nice piece of artwork!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again xArmy, I hope you enjoy your movie today. THank you for saying, you are such a sweet heart ===blushes===

      You always flatter me, you are too much! Don't! Stop! Don't Stop!

      Delete
  2. Love this! The black and silver is so rock chick x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hey MASPOOASE! Thank you for your sweet words, you are feeling the rock vibe too here, alright!

      Rock on lovely lady!

      Thanks again: )

      Delete
  3. You did those dots with a BRUSH?! Whattt?! These are literally perfect and so blingy! :) I could totally see Riri rocking something like this with actual diamonds ;) lol! And um OUCH! I had to stare at the pic for a little while to actually see the break but when I did my finger hurt just bu looking at it!! LOL I've never tried to repair my nails like you did but it sounds like it would be really strong I think I may try it next time I get a break... Thanks for the tip! And as always..... Wicked beautiful mani!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kristine I did! I just got real busy and knocked this out in about twenty minutes! I even amazed myself. I am having more and more fun lately!

      I know my repair may fail, but at least I have time to psychologically prepare myself, and you, for what you may see, if I nubbinize these pointies!

      LOL

      Delete
    2. Thank you Kristine! Almost forgot.

      Your nails have been really amazeballz lately btw!

      Delete
  4. My sincerest sympathy on the break! I've been undercoating my nails with Orly Nail Mender & haven't suffered any fall to winter cold snap breakage so far. It might help hold your nail together along with the tea bag patch. Just a thought...

    Your nails are fantabulous, dahling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Inky, thank you so much! I really appreciate your sympathy, it really does help!

      And thank you very much indeed, I think your nails are fantabulous too! Rowr!

      Delete
  5. I love your nails and they are definately Rihanna's style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rhonda, thank you so much :D That is such a great compliment : D Making my day you are you sweetie : D

      Delete
  6. My stomach dropped when I saw your nail break. My sympathies!
    If it's any consolation, your manicure rocks. Hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Polished Touch, your kindness and sympathy do help, more than you know! It hurts when we break a nail! Sometimes more than others, thankfully no broken skin, this time, whew. It was still sore though : (

      Oh, your comment is priceless! LOVE IT, I really do because the mani has rock hard diamonds, this is killing me right now!!! LOVE today's nails!

      Some days are better than others: P Thanks for helping make this day great by stoppin in and making me feel like a little bit more of a "rock" star LOL All I need to do is chip this polish when I party like a rock star and play my guitar! That's right!

      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  7. This mani is "bitchin" I totally love it! You've got awesome nails. I love reading your blog, it makes my day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Skeeter, you are such a sweet heart! I love reading your blog too, and you are totally making my day right now : )

      (((HUGS))) Thank you Skeeter Oh my gosh, this is the nicest comment yet hon, I cannot very believe it! : ) Hey everybody, go follow Skeeter too, she is awesome, you will love getting to know her, just like I have!

      Delete
  8. Looks great! I especially love the larger dots and the pattern you did them in.

    I wish I could get into Twitter but I just can't; but then again I'm getting pretty tired of all this social media stuff. I'll probably like it all much more once I get a new computer but it's gonna have to wait 6 months so I can save up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kelly, Thanks for that! The online social landscape is so big, it is overwhelming at times! All the buttons etc! I am enjoying it, too much...

      Dream it Do it, you can get that computer : )!

      Delete
  9. Riri would be proud!!! I love the midi ring :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, blushes! Thanks In-The-Red-Nails, you two doin alright? ; )

      Delete
  10. Your nails are more fabulous than Rihanna!!! I must say your nikon takes great photos!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kath you are so kind! I am not worthy, to be sure! I only wish I could have shown you these in person! The pics are lame compared to real life, I cannot take em off!

      Thanks for the photo feeback friend! :D

      Delete
  11. Wow! Stunning, and what fine attention to detail! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you kind lady! : D I love this comment so much : D Glad I met you and found your blog lately. Welcome!

      Delete
  12. These are so beautiful! I'm definitely going to have to try something similar - they are so effective!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a kind compliment Caroline, thank you for saying! I hope you enjoy a similar result. These are really fun to wear, the graphic element in the arrow is especially unique and fun to me!

      I am glad you enjoyed these too : )

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Hi Lyds, thank you very much sweet lady : ) Thanks for droppin in!

      Delete
  14. So so bling-y!! Love it!! Your nails are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, now that is really makin my day! Thank you ever so very much Nicole! You are so sweet : D

      My nails are so flattered : D

      LOL Lovin having you here today, thanks for dropping by come again please!

      Delete
  15. Great mani, love black and silver together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannara! Oh me too, it is total Rock Star! Just like the two of us, I mean me and you !!!

      ROCK ON!

      Delete
  16. Ohhh I love it !!!! I have no inspiration lately with my nails but I might just got inspired after your swacthes :) x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.