Sunday, November 11, 2012

Name That Franken

Hi there polished and gorgeous friends.

What would you call my creation?



Today I am inviting you to come with me on a little vacation, and I am sharing this archive franken I made last year. 

I don't have a name for this nail polish, but it reminds me of Laguna Beach, my most favorite beach city.  This was a disappointing wet n wild called Psycho (LOL) that has been redeemed by the addition of holo glitter, this was SUCH a bear to take off my nails I have not worn it since!  

TIP:  To protect natural nails and prevent breaks, pile on glitter!  It acts like a suit of armor on your nails!  Cover it with seche vite and if your glitter doesn't chip, your nails are in mini safety suits!  Glitter fixes many ills!

I need a vacation,  so I pulled out some beach pictures to refresh my memories.  If you want to join me jump in!



You know the surf at the Wedge will be good when you see this.



This is one of my top favorite things to do in California, watch the big waves break and see the surfers ride.


The unique underwater topography at the Wedge make this place extremely hazardous for even experienced swimmers. The Army engineers built a dike, and it has created a wedge shaped wave that breaks super high and close to shore, slamming surfers into the sand, ouch.



The below are two shots of Laguna Beach, I have been to almost every one of its over twenty named beaches.  It is a of goal of mine to visit every one of them, but there is a private one I cannot access, unless you live there, and want to let me in : )



I enjoy exploring beaches, do you?


Laguna Beach is a favorite for many reasons, but it is most famed for it's beauty, it was settled by artists. This is a place so dear to my heart.    

 Laguna Beach Map

As an artist, I feel a strong connection to this area.



I am a huge palm tree fan!  It is so wonderful to sit with you on the beach under one of my favorite groups of trees for a zen moment.

Love Hugs And Flowers to you the whole day through. Happy Veteran's Day, and thank you to all veterans and their families, everywhere for your service and sacrifice. I am forever thankful for the freedoms I enjoy because of you.

lovenailpolish

30 comments:

  1. Since you need a vacation. How about Laguna Blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wes, Thank you for your help in naming my baby! : )

      That name is very beautiful and befits the polish and the inspiration so perfectly. I don't know if there could be any better name for this Wes! I am open to suggestions, but that is going to be tremendously hard to beat!!!!

      I love to think of the images that conjures up for me Laguna Blue...sigh. I want to create and sell it to everyone who needs some, will you want a percentage for coming up with a name? That would be fair! : )

      You are really cool Wes, thank you for your support and friendship here. It means so much to me! : )

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That would be a wonderful name for this polish! I am so in love with blue? Are you? Winky winky cute inky!

      Thank you for stoppin in bright eyes!

      Delete
    2. I do like blue! And green and purple & pink & black & white & red & yellow & orange & every color I missed...as long as it's nail polish. LOL

      Delete
    3. Hi Inky ! Oh, you are really a kitten after my own heart, I adore color so much also! Really the brighter the better most times : ) It feels so nice to see pretty color, I too love color so much.

      It is great to share the love of COLOR with you my friend! You color my world fun!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures!!! And I agree with Wes Laguna Blue sound like the perfect name for your franken which may I add is AMAZING!! I started drooling the second I saw it hahaha love your mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kristine : )

      I will tell you this was a vial of holo glitter from Michael's. It came in around five colors on a hangy card thingy. The color of the glitters bled and tinted the base aqua, but it worked fine. I put it in a nearly clear wnw opalescent glitter like 99 cent hallucinate. Easy peasy. DIY polish is fun : )

      You are so kind!

      What is your very favorite color Kristine, is it blue for you too?

      Delete
    2. Aww! My fav color would have to be pink..... Predictable right? Hahaha but I love love love blue purple and green too! ^.^

      Delete
  4. OH and if you are going to Start selling that franken.... I WANT SOME :) lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so great! Funny you should mention that! I have a secret dream to make more polish, in my little polish heart. Let me see what I can do about this...my latest dream....now even more inspired by you..

      thinking... heading off to brainstorm new creations.... ; )


      Delete
    2. Well if you do you got a repeat customer right here!!!! Lol!

      Delete
  5. I second Wes, I think Laguna Blue or Laguna Beach would be a perfect name for this GORGEOUS Franken!!! Me wants!!!!!
    Btw, have you tried the Elmer's Glue as a basecoat? You will love wearing glitters!!! No pain when it comes to taking them off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet lady, I am glad you likeeee! : )

      I wish I made enough to go around! Scrounging around in my glitter later today.

      Glue, of course I must try it soon, note to self!

      happy day to you!

      Delete
  6. I want some too!!! I just love blues, this is perfect! You have to do a Christmas mani with it, it reminds me of blue ice or diamonds. Oooo, call it Bleu Diamond Martini. IDK where I get that from :-)

    Sending you lots of smiles, hugs, and good energy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh In the Red Nails that is an really great idea, I LOVE icy manicures!

      Bleu Diamond Martini is an amazing name! Who wouldn't love a Blue Diamond Martini, it sounds so fabulous and rich? OH my gosh you guys are so good at coming up with names for this one.

      Delete
  7. How funny, I'm from Huntington Beach, California! Love this shade & it seems the name fits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie Louise you are ?? Ermagerd, that is one of the first places I ever visited in CA! Awesome surf town, I love love it there too! What is not to love about beach cities?

      Delete
  8. gorgeous franken! :) Laguna Blue sounds great! beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lydz, I love Laguna blue too all the colors! Thanks for going to the beach with me today : )

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Hi Julz! It is so pretty, now I see it again. I am glad you liked it!

      : )

      Delete
  10. How about into the Deep Blue Sea....or Sail Away...or Old Blue Eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will call the polish Laguna Blue Eyes !

      Thank you for your beautiful thoughts on this beautiful nail polish, now with a beautiful new name.

      All of these names you each provided me here would, in my perfect polish world, now immediately be made into polishes, custom, each in honor of you who thought of it.

      This is such a wild and wonderful polish dream to contemplate and wonder about. Could this ever really come true? Like many of life's dreams, OF COURSE it could, but will it? That is always another matter.

      Delete
    2. This polish now makes me think of the Laguna surf reflecting in xArmy's eyes.

      Delete
  11. Wow you made a great franken, love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been trying to come up with something using everyone's suggestions in one way or another...something like Laguna Blue Eyez Icy Beach Martini? That would be a mouthful, now wouldn't it? lol All kidding aside, that is absolutely a beautiful polish, dear heart. And I think the name Wes came with up fits it wonderfully. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying, kind lady. I love your creative mind!

      That name should be made into a polish too! Just for you! : )

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.