Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sharing My Thanksgiving + Blogazon Roundup

Hi there treasure.

I hope you have been well and happy, and polished too! 

I am thankful for all of you, my friends, for joining me. Your presence here makes my day!

I put together this super sparkly combo with my new nail gems from ICING. This is two coats of China Glaze Harvest Moon with a glitter gradient of ICING Gold Dust.

I went to buy ICING After Party, and at the register Gold Dust caught my eye, and I swapped it out. ICING always is so clever and puts one special polish at the register, that isn't in the display and I seem to often swap the polish I buy at the very last second!

I love the ICING store near me because the girls are really nice and super patient. Service is everything to me lately : D  Not every store has nice employees that make you feel that helping you is their first job, so I like to compliment and shop at those that do!




China Glaze Harvest Moon is a bronzy copper shimmer bomb. It is a stunning shade, it has a great China Glaze formula, it was easy to apply dried quickly. I only used two coats because I knew I was going to glitter it up.  I have to use glitter to help my nails stay strong when I am cooking and cleaning so much on 
Thanksgiving.  

 This Gold Dust polish from ICING is very sparkly, it is an olympic class glitter!  Do you see the bronze, gold and silver?  These three shades brought the bronzy copper and the brassy gold of the gems together in sweet sweet harmony!  Like the sweet sweet pie triple fail that turned out great! I invented Pumpkin Surprise Pie and it matches these nails!  Surprise!  Pics to follow.  LOL!


I smeared the CG on my index, but I only saw it in these pictures, this was soo reflective and shiny, it was nearly blinding.  This glitter is so wonderful, it is absolutely gorgeous and so versatile.  Gold dust will get lots of use!


These nail gems looked similar to the triangle pie shape!  They are really pretty, I have never worn
anything like them.  I really enjoyed this much more than I ever imagined I would! I didn't plan on this to look like my pie, but it sure went well with it!


I tried to make a graham cracker crust, I thought it would work with my pumpkin pie!  Then I thought again after I prebaked the crust, that it would burn if I put the pumpkin custard and baked it again. So I made a regular crust.  But I didn't fill it with enough pie weights, and it fell down the sides of the pan.

So I couldn't fill my other crust with all the filling, so my husband suggested I use this one anyway.  I didn't have another use for it, so I baked it with the rest of the filling and it turned out better than the regular pie.  I forgot sugar in my filling, which I realized on the first bite. But we like healthy eating, and try to avoid sugar, so with extra whipped cream, it was great~

So the recipe is basically a graham cracker crust for the traditional pumpkin pie filling and leave out the sugar. Surprisingly good with loads of whipped cream! :d

This glitter seemed to go well with my ultrasuede shirt.



Here is my first indie nail mail!  I will share these polishes soon.  


I hope you have a wonderful day!  
Here is a window into my Thanksgiving day. 

You see what I saw most of the day in the big picture, the view from my kitchen, I enjoy to watch the sunset.

I spent time petting my chihuahua Rosie, while the hubs groomed her and watched football on his laptop, as you see in the upper right picture.  We laughed about our relaxed chihuahua, and the amount of fur he combed from her with the shedding comb. Enough for another chihuahua.

I cooked this turkey breast in the slow cooker. (!) We had a very simple dinner, and were so very  thankful to eat together and share this day of gratitude together again.

I photographed my nails outside in front of chardonnay vines, they are turning golden now.

This photo shows how the gems make my nails looked more curved.  This is one of the last pomegranates this year.


I hope your day is golden : )


I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving if you celebrated. Thank you for sharing mine with me!

Now for the piece de resistance, the best free beauty magazine you will read today! The Beauty Blogazon Roundup!

Love Hugs and Flowers to you the whole day through

lovenailpolish

10 comments:

  1. Oh hello gorgeous!!!! Your nails are stunning!! :D I totally love Harvet Moon it's such an amazing polish I actually bought it on clearance so that makes it even better ^.^ LOL I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with nummy food and polish of course for your perfect nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristine! Thank you so much, you are the gorgeous one around here LOL :D You are too sweet. I did have the best eVER Thannksgiving, thank you! I do hope you did too Kristine! Oh,and I saw your awesome candy cane nails ! They are so great!

      I love the holidays don't you! Oh, and Sally's clearance LOL!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely day to go with your lovely nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you so much pretty kitty! Lovely to share it with lovely you! :D

      Delete
    2. Lovely me thanks you for sharing lovely you!

      Delete
  3. Rosie is adorable, and your mani turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taryn! Thank you so much : D She is the snuggliest lovinest pup ever to come from Alabama, I am sure!

      Did you get your polishes? : )

      Delete
  4. I love the gradient with the glitter! The diamond accent is perfect. I have some of those and didn't know what the heck to do with them! Pie looks delish!!! Perfect Thanksgiving mani =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hi lovely! Hope you had a great holiday and are still taking it easy!

      You are so kind, thank you for the Thanksgiving mani compliment. Sometimes these spontaneous manicure creations actually seem to fit the day! This one worked for Thanksgiving really well, I agree with you!

      Thank you for stopping in ! I love seeing you here! Ohhh your new red nails are so HOT

      Delete
  5. Great post
    I Love the gold, Lovely nails.

    I would appreciate it if you take some time out and visit my blog at http://stylesfrillsandheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.