Hi there treasure.
I hope you have been well and happy, and polished too!
I am thankful for all of you, my friends, for joining me. Your presence here makes my day!
I put together this super sparkly combo with my new nail gems from ICING. This is two coats of China Glaze Harvest Moon with a glitter gradient of ICING Gold Dust.
I went to buy ICING After Party, and at the register Gold Dust caught my eye, and I swapped it out. ICING always is so clever and puts one special polish at the register, that isn't in the display and I seem to often swap the polish I buy at the very last second!
I love the ICING store near me because the girls are really nice and super patient. Service is everything to me lately : D Not every store has nice employees that make you feel that helping you is their first job, so I like to compliment and shop at those that do!
China Glaze Harvest Moon is a bronzy copper shimmer bomb. It is a stunning shade, it has a great China Glaze formula, it was easy to apply dried quickly. I only used two coats because I knew I was going to glitter it up. I have to use glitter to help my nails stay strong when I am cooking and cleaning so much on
I smeared the CG on my index, but I only saw it in these pictures, this was soo reflective and shiny, it was nearly blinding. This glitter is so wonderful, it is absolutely gorgeous and so versatile. Gold dust will get lots of use!
anything like them. I really enjoyed this much more than I ever imagined I would! I didn't plan on this to look like my pie, but it sure went well with it!
I tried to make a graham cracker crust, I thought it would work with my pumpkin pie! Then I thought again after I prebaked the crust, that it would burn if I put the pumpkin custard and baked it again. So I made a regular crust. But I didn't fill it with enough pie weights, and it fell down the sides of the pan.
So I couldn't fill my other crust with all the filling, so my husband suggested I use this one anyway. I didn't have another use for it, so I baked it with the rest of the filling and it turned out better than the regular pie. I forgot sugar in my filling, which I realized on the first bite. But we like healthy eating, and try to avoid sugar, so with extra whipped cream, it was great~
So the recipe is basically a graham cracker crust for the traditional pumpkin pie filling and leave out the sugar. Surprisingly good with loads of whipped cream! :d
This glitter seemed to go well with my ultrasuede shirt.
Here is my first indie nail mail! I will share these polishes soon.
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Here is a window into my Thanksgiving day.
You see what I saw most of the day in the big picture, the view from my kitchen, I enjoy to watch the sunset.
I spent time petting my chihuahua Rosie, while the hubs groomed her and watched football on his laptop, as you see in the upper right picture. We laughed about our relaxed chihuahua, and the amount of fur he combed from her with the shedding comb. Enough for another chihuahua.
I cooked this turkey breast in the slow cooker. (!) We had a very simple dinner, and were so very thankful to eat together and share this day of gratitude together again.
I photographed my nails outside in front of chardonnay vines, they are turning golden now.
This photo shows how the gems make my nails looked more curved. This is one of the last pomegranates this year.
I hope your day is golden : )
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving if you celebrated. Thank you for sharing mine with me!
Now for the piece de resistance, the best free beauty magazine you will read today! The Beauty Blogazon Roundup!
- The Convenient Beauty: The Convenient Beauty shares her first impression on the Tom Ford Beauty Haul.
- Beauty by Miss L: Check out Miss L´s sweet and cute manicure that glows in the dark.
- TheFabZilla: Looking for hairstyle inspiration for the holidays? TheFabZilla shows her version of Celebrity Loose Waves (Photo & Video Tutorial).
- datyorkLOVES: Week Review Plus Mini Contest! If you are great at naming polishes this will totally be up your alley!
- Vicerimus: If you can't have a dessert - have it on your nails, like Vicerimus did!..and then just have it :)
- Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom: Need some help dealing with your family during the holidays? Destany at Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom is offering some aptly-named nail polishes for such a dillemma, starting with OPI Schnapps Out Of It!
- Trouble-Maker On Heels: Trouble-Maker On Heels received her first MUA Cosmetics order.
- My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog: Laura from My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog plays with color using the BareMinerals Eyeshadow 8.0 palette in The Cocktail Hour.
- Sincerely Stephanie: Check out this multi finish colour blocking mani featuring some holographic goodness!
- Jamegackie: Loved Skyfall and James Bond? Check out these Bond Inspired Nails!
- Très Beau Glamour: Every female has their favorite scents. When it comes to body washes, Nay Denise has her top 5 body washes and she's sharing it with you. Take a look and read on.
- Love At First Site!: A new love for this winter by The Body Shop! Monoi Body Balm from the the Spa Wisdom Polynesia series.
- Addicted to OPI-yum: Check out this easy Rihanna inspired DIAMONDS mani!
- Mama Fashionista: In the first installment of the Mac Matters series, find out what Quinn chose to start her "core collection!"
- Beauty Apocalypse: A glow from to toe (and beyond), Beauty Apocalypse reviews Total Beauty's Beautygasm collection.
- SoFlaJo: Thankfully, Everybody Loves Nail Polish.
- Polarbelle: Polarbelle has explored the Anastasia Beverly Hills Want You To Want Me and would like you to experience this great gift set.
- Lola's Secret Beauty Blog: Burberry, anyone? Lola's Secret Beauty Blog is around the bend for Burberry- see what is inside all of those pretty boxes!
- Midnight Manicures: Check out Jeanie's review of the Swarovski Crystal embellished glass fashion items by Mont Bleu from the Czech Republic.
Love Hugs and Flowers to you the whole day through