Friday, November 30, 2012

Written In the Stars

Hi, there you are, superstar!

Welcome to day two of my fave new blue. Now with shiny galactic holostar goodness!  


Here is am modeling Icing Written in the Stars over yesterday's manicure Salon Perfect Sapphire Sparkle, my favorite blue ever! When I see that blue polish I get stars in my eyes anyway, so why not!

Icing has changed it's logo, the old one is on this bottle. The new one is better, and easier to see.  This polish is absolutely stunning in the bottle, with more of that ICING signature low light holo glitter. This glitter is so holo it shines in very low lighting.  It is similar to the glitter in Frost Yourself, showing up as pastel holo colors, rather than primary brights as are typical in most holo glitters.


This glitter appears to be a light bluish silver in shade, but in the light you can see insane amounts of huge holo reflections from both the stars and the glitter.   The holos in this one show a particularly intense and exciting  purple tone, perhaps because the base is tinted purplish blue, but ever so slightly,


This combination is extremely eyecatching, and quickly I placed this glitter on all of my nails, once I saw it on one. It is a bit sparse, but is easy to place the stars and bits of glitter where you want. It dries fairly quickly. I used SH Insta Dri topcoat in the red bottle, because you need to do that with star glitters or the points will stick out.  They still are a little bumpy in a few spots.



I am more impressed with each ICING glitter I try. Here is that broken and repaired middle right hand nail still holding up! I shortened the nails again to protect them from breaking.


I know this polish is very over the top!  And that makes me love it more. I put more glitter on some nails, less on others. The index shows a typical coat of this polish.  I put a bit more glitter on some nails, but these were all done in one coat of the glitter.


This is now my favorite star glitter polish.  I have three, one wet n wild and a Fergie, swatched heree Hollywood Walk of Fame.


These pictures do not do this one justice. They are super blingy!  If the rain ever stops here I will have to wear this and photograph it again when the sun comes out. I live somewhere with crazy weather.  No rain for months, then rain for months.  Even still, I love the Pacific Northwest! : D


I am enjoying sharing my love for this space age manicure!  Do you ever gaze at the stars in the sky on your own nails? Would you?  What is written there?


I think I can see the depths of space in these nails! Is there life out there?

Helloooo  !

Bonus picture of a Santa Rosa landmark, it is a wind sculpture on the side of a building. It is visible from the 101 to the east, so check it out when you drive by, if you do! This sculpture is never the same twice.  Many artists live in the area, and there are many public artworks in town.


Here is a manicure fail, Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Ruby Ring. This is annoying polish to me. It stained the crap out of my nails, my bad though for skipping basecoat. But I know these polishes are problematic, so I tend to skip basecoat on Sally Hansens at times, because they often require so many coats to become opaque.

This one bubbled, didn't dry and got dinged up, when I would have expected it would have been fine.  It needs topcoat, and basecoat.  I don't know if I have it in me to wear this one again though. It isn't worth the trouble when there are so many more polishes out there to love!   Should I try again?

It looks pretty, sure.  I like the other two of this collection I have much much better.  Gorgeous Tender Teal, featured here and very pretty purple All Aglow here. I passed on the others because they are so sheer.


So, in summary, Sally Hansen Ruby Ring is annoying to me right now because it is sheer, didn't dry well, stained my nails and bubbled.

Now this polish should not be confused with Revlon Ruby Ring, which is chock full of blingy win.  I swatched that baby for you here.  I have a backup of that one!  Limited edition labels really makes me pop out the credit card for a polish, if I like it!

I hope you have a great day!

Love Hugs and Flowers to you the whole day through

Thank you for visiting me today, sunshine : D

You are really making my day, all day!



9 comments:

  1. Blingy blue! Gorgeous!!!

    Have u tried wearing white or light nude undies with sheer colors? It cuts down on the coats need to get the illusion of opacity with sheer polishes. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a starry night!! Wow love the bling bling glitter nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously make those ICING glitter polish look posh! Yes I gaze at the stars. 2 nights ago, I posted in my instagram a photo of this lone star above the full moon, twas so pretty and mystical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind Kath! You know about making ICING look good, you looked like a million bucks in your earrings! Fab!

      Delete
  4. Now you got this song 'written in the stars' stuck in my head!! Haha :)) that glitter truly is something else!!
    Too bad about Sally Hansen, it's such a pretty pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a song? You are welcome LOL! Thank you lovely Gosia!

      Delete
  5. Such a nice blue! Love it! The stars make it a perfect mani for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.