Monday, December 24, 2012

All Is Calm, All Is Bright

Welcome! Season's Greetings!

I have a new Salon Perfect blue polish for you today, plus two glitter toppers to make it shine like the "Silent Night" skies.

This is three coats of Salon Perfect Star Light, Star Bright.  As the name suggests, this is yet another night sky polish.  It is lighter than some, this blue cobalt jelly with silver shimmers makes a cold night sky! There would be smooth sailing for Santa in these type of skies!  Great formula and sparkle in this one!


I love this brand right now.  The polish is really great and I love the colors I picked, though most of them are pretty common shades. The formula is really good, and dries fast and shiny, after two coats.  The first one is a bit thin and streaky.  Here I am showing this polish with Seche Vite topcoat for extra shine.

 
I am glad I picked up this sister to the other amazing blue Salon Perfect shade I showed you before, Sapphire Sparkle. That is still my favorite blue ever (that I own).

 
 In the shade.

Next I applied two coats of Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope, a clear base with small and micro holo glitters. I picked this one up on sale 25% off the already modest price of $0.99.

I like the sparkles, I wish they were more densely packed. I put SV over that again for the pics.


And finally, here is another glitter topper over that! Revlon Celestial FX!  I HAD to have these new MOON GLITTAZ! This is the first drugstore polish I have ever seen with MOON GLITTAZ!  Ok, I am calming down. 

I was really excited when I got this.  Now that has faded a little, but I do like the polish. I need to find the perfect base for it, I think a bit darker than this would be great. There are diamonds (!), stars, and MOONS (!), plus iridescent small glitter.  Add hearts and clovers we can call this manicure lucky charms!


These glitters, which I call hologems, are beautifully smooth and sparkly.  There could be a few more of these in the formula for the money though.  You do need to play go fish with this a bit.  I still love it.  Formula is good, it dried fine with Seche Vite.

Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if the sun had been out.  It has been very rainy and cloudy here. 
 

Salon Perfect Star Light, Star Bright 

PROS:

Gorgeous color
Good dry time
Cobalt jelly builds to opacity in three coats
Great price (~$4 at WalMart)
No Big 3 claim found, but none listed on label

CONS:


Not labeled  cruelty free
Besides that None

Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope

PROS:

I love glitter and this has some
Price is CHEAP
Big 3 Free,  claim listed on website
Formula is good

CONS: 

Not enough glitter payoff

REVLON Top Speed Celestial FX


PROS:

MOONS and DIAMONDS are rare in drugstore polish
Formula is good, maybe a tiny bit thicker would have been better?
Needs topcoat to securely encase hologems and smooth finish
Dries quickly
Labeled formalehyde and toluene free (DBP not mentioned except for certain polishes on their website are claimed to be DBP free)
Claims to "set" in 60 seconds

CONS:

Could use a bit more large shaped glitters
Not labeled cruelty free 

That's it!

I hope you are having a warm and wonderful day : )

Love, Hugs and Flowers to you the whole day through

Whatever holiday you celebrate, I hope you have a peaceful, warm and wonder filled holiday!

<3 br="br" christmas="christmas" merry="merry">

lovenailpolish


1 comment:

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.