Sunday, December 23, 2012

Candy Cane Crush is So Yummy!

Hi there and welcome : ). Are you ready for some no calorie sweets

Well here you go!  I hope this polish will satisfy your candy craving.

Here I have two coats of KB Shimmer Candy Cane Crush over two coats of OPI Mod About You, a discontinued milky pink cream.   I applied a coat of Seche Vite also to help it to dry.


I wanted to show you my sweater, because it matched so perfectly. I took a cue from Essie Rae's signature pose! Essie Rae of the gorgeous blog I Heart Pretty Polish that is. She shows her sweater in her pictures, kind of like this. I like your style Essie Rae! : D  And your polishes too!  You should totally check out her friendly and pretty blog if you have not already,


Candy Cane Crush (C3) is scented with a vanilla peppermint scent, and it is quite strong. I happen to love the fragrance, it is very fresh and clean smelling. It is quite persistent, it is detectable after topcoat.  

NOTE:  This polish is fragrant once it is dry.

I love C3, I am glad I bought it. There are no dupes for this polish that I know of. I was purchasing Snow Way, and couldn't resist adding one more polish to my order. I am so glad I did! Though it is a bit of work to use this polish.  Placement of the glitter can be a little time consuming, because brushing it straight on doesn't always yield the distribution I prefer.

I see this polish as also being useful for the 4th of July over blue.

I like that the glitters in white matte and red satin are so large.  This is a perfect mixture of large medium and small pieces in here to look like crushed up candy.

I can best describe the mix as clear base with red glitters that are HUGE Medium and tiny, the White are HUGE,  XL and regular. 

I had trouble with some nails drying, this was a function of too many coats of polish applied too quickly. The C3 seemed to dry fine where I didn't get my polish too thick.

PROS:

It is unique, no dupes
The scent is great
It is a nice formula
Big -3-Free (formaldehyde, DBP, toluene)

CONS:


Didn't see cruelty free label - not sure on this point
Online only for most
Is a tad pricy $8.75 + Shipping

That's it!

Love Hugs and Flowers to you the whole day through
lovenailpolish




8 comments:

  1. Sweet nails! I like this idea a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I have this one too. It smells wonderful and looks so so pretty. I'm going to wear it for christmas.

    I totally agree about Essie Rae's sweater poses. So cute! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly gee wiz, you are so nice to mention me:) I love this polish and it goes great with the sweater! Have a Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it over pink! It looks downright delectable <3 And yes, Essie's got awesome taste <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty! I want for Christmas next year! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, good to see you again friend! I know you are a good girl so probably Santa will remember you!

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.