Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Christmas Day Manicure

Hi there! Welcome!

I am sharing my nails from Christmas day 2012. I went with the most traditional combination of colors which I love for Christmas, the trinity of red, gold and green, but mostly red and gold.

The base of this glitter fest is two coats of a top favorite polish of 2012, China Glaze Cranberry Splash. I reviewed that one previously here. I chose this because it is simply the most beautiful red shimmer polish I own!

All pictures shown with topcoat.
 

Next I went a bit mad with some glitter polishes. I applied Confetti I'm Gonna Party All Night Long  and Confetti Champagne and Caviar in a gradient on the first and ring finger, and then on the others went Icing Jingle My Bells, reviewed here, also tipped with the Champagne and Caviar. This protected my nails throughout my busy cooking schedule that day!  I made a homemade honey ham that is alwasy so good. It is easier, cheaper and better than the one from the HoneyBaked store!  If you want the recipe just ask me in the comments.






I really enjoyed wearing these bright and festive nails.

We enjoyed a warm holiday.

Rosie in her holiday best!

Treats! Those cookies were as light as clouds, a rare treat! Yum!



I received these two polishes from my husband.  He picked them all by himself! So proud! I got ICING Lemme See Your Peacock (!) and Radio Superstar.  I LOVE THESE! He also picked out a raspberry beret, which is perfect to hide my awful haircut I just got : )  That thoughtful gift reminded us to listen to Prince again, we had so much fun-k. We watched Prince videos and Dave Chapelle as Prince v Charlie Murphy.  Hi larious.


Oh we had a laugh.

LMSYP looks a bit like my table top tree ornament. This one is on my nails today and it is gorgeous, stay tuned for a review of this magnificent beauty here soon!




CONFETTI Polishes

 

Confetti 056 Champagne and Caviar (Gold Micro and small glitter and small red glitter)


PROS:

  • Very highly reflective  warm gold
  • Smooth application
  • Could skip topcoat
  •  Dries fast
  • Big 3 Free  
  • From the company website: Celebrate with Confetti—long wearing nail color in 48 trend ready shades. Whether you need the perfect shade for your next big night out or just crave the latest nail color, Confetti has all the options. Confetti nail colors contain NO DBP, Formaldehyde or Toluene for safe, long lasting color. Try them all! Just a $1.99 each exclusively at CVS stores.
  • Budget friendly for $1.99 at CVS 
  • Looks great with many colors
  • In about two coats is buildable to opacity, a very dense glitter.
  • This polish is amazing for glitter tipped nails, from a distance it looks like warm smooth shiny gold!

CONS:

  • None except not labeled cruelty free


Overall I give this one backup status, I have two of this one.



CONFETTI I'm Gonna Party All Night Long (finely milled red glitters, small red and gold glitter with red predominant)




PROS:


  • A near dupe to China Glaze Pure Joy
  • Smooth application
  • Could skip topcoat
  •  Dries fast
  • Big 3 Free
  • Budget Friendly $1.99
  • From the company website: Celebrate with Confetti—long wearing nail color in 48 trend ready shades. Whether you need the perfect shade for your next big night out or just crave the latest nail color, Confetti has all the options. Confetti nail colors contain NO DBP, Formaldehyde or Toluene for safe, long lasting color. Try them all! Just a $1.99 each exclusively at CVS stores.


CONS:

 

  • None except not labeled cruelty free

 I bought this one before Pure Joy came out, and it is a good alternative, though maybe less opaque.


I hope your are enjoying your holidays.

Love Hugs and Flowers to you the whole day through
 

lovenailpolish

8 comments:

  1. lovely mani, your dogie looks so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Christmas mani, Iggy :) I love the gold glitter over the slightly pinked Cranberry Spash. Your DH did so well with your presents! A raspberry berret, how awesome! I bet you guys had a blast looking at old videos. We do that every now and then and always end up staying up too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liesl, thank you! I hope you enjoyed your holiday too : )

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Lydz, aww thank you! I Know! She is overly cute~

      Delete
  4. Give Rosie a hug from me :)
    I wish you a Happy New Year, and I love your festive mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, love! I totally want the recipe... my hubby loves Honeybaked Ham!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.