Monday, December 10, 2012

My Very Favorite Heavenly Metallic

Hi there!

I have a couple of pretty combos for you today, including the most metallic chrome polish I own!   But first I pulled out and dressed up a gold holographic polish, Milani 3D. I am showing you two coats, no topcoat above.

I like some of the other polishes in this line better, the green one, Milani Hi Tech, on my nails here, was fantastic on my skin tone. I also enjoyed blue Cyberspace, shown  here. 3D is just a bit blah. It does not seem to be as holographic as Hi Tech. The formula is a little sheer, so I layered it over Orly Luxe on my pinkie as a test, but after three coats the Milani was just as opaque. 


I layered one coat of ICING Heart Of Gold over the top, swatched and reviewed on only one nail previously, here. Then that was quickly joined by a second coat.  If one is good, two is better? What do you think, one coat or two?  I think not three, the slightly curly glitters in this polish will start to look lumpy.



This combo is pretty, and subtle, for a glitter, even with two coats. This manicure would be good for an office holiday party.  Not too over the top with the glitter, but sparkly!  I may wear it to my husband's office party, which, rather unusually, is to be held in January.  

Now I have for you a very special and unique polish treasure in my collection.

The shiny blue blinding you in the picture below is Love my Nails Blue Angel.  This polish came from a Walmart in Alabama. I paid $1 for this gem. This is the only one I have like it.  I moved west and this brand is no longer available to me, it isn't in any Walmart any more any where I think.  I tried to find it on their website now, it isn't there.

I did find it for sale online here. I have never used this site before but I am tempted to, I want every single one of these chromes.



I decorated my nail tips with Maybelline Silver Gleam glitter (this one is amazing, see here), and then on my thumb I put a little China Glaze Nova, because I get bored. These nails are intended to look ice cold, and they definitely looked frosty, but in a great way!

I decided to try out my nail gems from ICING.  I picked a random selection and threw them on there.  I decided to do that on my way to meet a new friend. I wanted to show her the gems and sparkles I have because I am doing her nails for the first time next week.

I am looking forward to doing her nails.   She says she doesn't do them at all, ever, so maybe she will be converted?


Do you think I could ever convince a non polisher to ever wear a manicure like this?  I don't!

Not at first, anyway!

This silver plastic bell was given to me by my parents, along with a bunch of stuff I inherited from my grandmother. I think it was from my mother's tree, she made a totally silver tree for a few years.  I gave away all but one of these bells.  I had so much stuff, I had to donate a portion of everything, but I kind of regret giving away some of the Christmas decorations.

I wish you a wonderful day!

Love Hugs and Flowers to you the whole day through.

lovenailpolish



14 comments:

  1. OO THESE ARE GORGEOUS!! They look great on you. I really love the Blue Angel with the silver!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Micki, oh thank you kindly! Me too, Blue Angel is so shinyyyyy~

      Delete
  2. I love the gold mani - that glitter layered over the top is just perfect!

    Hey lovely! I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog - I hate leaving links in blog comments though, so let me know if you want a link to it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Julz, Thank you Thank you x10000! You are too kind to me : D <3

      Delete
  3. I like them all, but especially that gold polish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, the gold is definitely great for you! That Milani is easy to find That is the great news!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Shannara! Happy Holidays ! I love your tree!

      Delete
  5. Love these! That gold is stunning. I'm going to try that look with silver :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOhhhh I inspired you? WOW!!!! Rhonda,You really are making my day! I will check out your silver glitter tips soon then! @.@

      Delete
  6. I love the snow queen nails! Personally however, I don't like bulky items as part of the nail manicure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Snow Queen! Oh yessss! BULKY ITEMS lol, spoken like a true man! ILYSMINF

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.