Saturday, January 5, 2013

High Tech Nails

Hi Polished Pretty!

I am happy you are here so I can show you exactly what is on my nails as I type this.  I was inspired to do some high technology art inspired by my husband's job. I wore these high tech satellite nails to the company office party, and they drew rather an enthusiastic response!  I am so grateful my husband found a great job with some great people that he truly enjoys working for, and so I expressed this appreciation in the best way I know how!

I used many polishes for this look


First I applied Sephora by OPI Who's Spinning Tonight. This gorgeous secretly shimmering purple polish is awesome sauce.  It  makes me feel amazing to look at this color, I can not put my finger (haha maybe I can) on exactly what it is about this color of purple that really hits all the right spots in my eyeball's pleasure spots.



I used ICING Glamorous, a holographic glitter as a topcoat, then layered some "lucky charms" over the top.  On all nails I used Revlon Celestial FX and on the ring finger I applied a heart from Revlon Hearts of Gold FX.



With Orly Dazzle, I used the brush from the bottle to draw the satellite dish, and the silver tips on the other nails. I was afraid to do this and mess them up, but I liked the balance it brought to the overall design.

I accented all the silver Dazzle areas with Glamorous, coated with Seche Vite and voila!  I had some shrinkage, and had to touch up the Dazzle tips with more glitter, but these are so pretty I have not wanted to take them off all day and couldn't wait to share them with you!


I was having trouble focusing on my research with these nails. They kept flashing in the sun.



Thank you for visiting.

Love, Hugs and Flowers to you the whole day through
lovenailpolish

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Inky! That is a GREAT compliment, thank you so much ! :D

      Delete
  2. These look great! Its fab that you put the heart with the satellite dish, speaks volumes x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, you got the message there loud and clear, my satellite is working LOL. Thank you for checking it out and the kind words, as always dear : ) <3

      Delete
  3. Bwa Ha Ha! You are the only girl I know who has had a satelite on her nail! I nominated you for yet another Liebster Award to add to your accomplishments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for recognizing my uniqueness, and for the award!!!!! Thank you for thinking I am worthy! I appreciate you so much Kelly :D You are really making my day! :D

      Delete
  4. Wow... amazing! :) I can imagine how many compliments you've heard at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi De Mons, thank you : ) It was so much fun to do these for the party and show them off, they were the icing on the cake of a great evening LOL!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Maria, thank you! I stared at them for about thirty minutes straight last night : )

      Delete
  6. On my GOSH! I think my eyeballs almost popped out of my head. LaLaLove IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on the satellite dish. Looks a lot like a KU-Band antenna dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Haha you should know that my dear! You are so smart : D

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.