Tuesday, January 8, 2013

J'aime Paris - A Tribute to It's Monuments

Bonjour mon petit chou!*

Welcome to a tribute to the monuments one of my favorite cities, Paris, France.  Oui, c'est vrai ma cher!  


I was inspired by my polish, OPI Spark de Triomphe, a glitter released in conjunction with the French Open in 2011 in a duo called Glam Slam, and promoted by Serena Williams.  It was released with white shatter. She was the perfect person to front an OPI campaign because she is REALLY into manicures and she is so stylish.

This is a Grand Slam polish for me, I love winning, tennis, Serena Williams, Paris, France and last but not least, wait for it.....GLITTA!!!!! MMM hMMMM! 

I felt in the mood for a metallic mani to start the new year, but not gold or silver, I wanted platinum to begin this year.


I have wanted to do a tour Eiffel mani for a while now, and voila!  It is lit up with multicolored lights for a celebration on my nails. 

This is one coat of the triumphant sparkles over one coat of Fergie Going Platinum, which I previously swatched for you here.  I still really adore that polish.


OPI Spark de Triomphe is complex, not your ordinary straightforward glitter.  The color is difficult to pinpoint, somewhere between silver and gold.  It has small gold and silver glitter and finely milled gold and silver particles.  I have trouble seeing exactly what is in there,  I have had to really study it to figure it out. 



This polish is super duper sparkly as you can see from the reflections on my skin.


Random thought: I like Nicki Minaj, her videos are amazing.  Ok, polish....


I took some pictures in Paris of the monuments, I love seeing these again and remembering the amazing amazing amazingness that is Paris.



 Arc De Triomphe, I climbed to the top once.  Seven eight stories of stairs, great views! Hi honey!


I have never been to the top of la tour Eiffel.  I don't like heights, or lines. Lots of people hated it when it was built, and Guy de Maupassant hated it so much he went to eat at the restaurant there every day so he didn't have to look at it.  I happen to love it. Sorry Guy.


The backside of Notre Dame is also gorgeous, I remember there is a rose garden in the back of the church, and the roses were the largest I had seen, until I came to CA.


  Sacre Coeur.


The Seine.

From the top of one of the department stores, Galleries Lafayette, looking toward Sacre Coeur. This is a FREE thing to do! : ) Checking online, perhaps it is a restaurant up there now. ? Guess I need to go again and check it out for myself.  There is no better way of knowing than actually going. That would be nice.  Maybe I will make it back there again someday  : D

How I wore Spark de Triomphe, this color matched green and silver to a T.


*That is French for Good day to you my little cabbage.  That is a term of endearment the Cajun French use, and I grew up hearing it.  

Au revoir mon petit chou fleur!

Love Hugs and Flowers to you the Whole day through

lovenailpolish

OPI Spark de Triomphe

Pros:

Great OPI formula
Big 3 Free
Super sparkly
Can be made opaque in 2-3 coats but is good to layer
Unique silver/gold combination

Cons:

Discontinued, I purchased mine on Amazon for ~$8 US
Not labeled cruelty free. I can not find information on this subject on the OPI website. OPI is owned by Coty. I can not locate anything on their website about this subject.

PS Paris, I love you!

5 comments:

  1. What a creative design! Compliments, dear ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that kind comment De Mons! : ) Best to you : )

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi there Lisa! Thank you for those kind words : ) I love sharing things I love with you because you, and all my readers, are so AMAZING KIND and AWESOME!
      lovenailpolish

      Delete
  3. wow! PARIS!!! Great Eiffel Tower you did.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.