Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Purple Thursday for Peace


Hi and welcome to Purple Thursday for Peace once again here at Addicted to OPI-yum.  

  I am focusing on ways to cope with bullying and hate, and achieve greater personal peace every day, and I am documenting some of my go-to techniques here.

Here I am showing you two coats of Hot Topic Blackheart Beauty Violet Tendencies, tipped with one/two (as needed)  coats of Hot Topic Blackheart Beauty Golden. 


I will review these in detail in the future, however today the point is the purple polish.  Is that the sexiest purple ever or what? GAaaaahhhh!


I read an inspirational story once of a victim of child abuse, one of the most destructive forms of bullying. She spoke of how she overcame her awful childhood to become very successful in life.


She said that she determined to become more awesome.  She focused on improving herself, and turned her mind away from the anger at her abuser.

Mysterious shadowy pinkie tip - boo! It is my shadow whoops! But I HAD to show sparkle~

I did this too!  I had a couple of folks who were really bringing me down. I could not get them treat me with respect no matter how much I tried to please them, or wanted them to. I finally realized that I was focusing too much energy on people who don't respect me or treat me nice, and racking my brain to figure out what to do to change the relationship. This led me to frustration and anger. That is putting it very mildly. For some time, I became a seething cauldron of rage.

I have let that anger mostly go now, and accepted that some people are toxic. So what I can do is to focus on myself, and turn my energies toward new goals and accomplishments.  For example, I have created a garden where there was an ugly weed patch.  I wrote this blog and joined twitter, I feel awesome about my achievements here and my relationships I am building with you wonderful and friendly interesting and diverse polishers from all over the world.  I painted, patched and repaired many walls and ceilings, and improved my home.  I adopted a dog from a shelter, I have rescued three others from the streets.  I am looking to do more, and build another garden, paint my house, meet more new friends in my new city and begin a new life yet again.

These are things that I feel great about and no one can take that away from me. This is my antidote to being bullied, and how I have learned to cope with it.

My advice to cope with bullies can be summed up like this:

Ignore the bullies completely and give yourself the chance to become even more awesome.


Figure out what you want to do to become even more awesome, look that thing up on the internet, learn how to do it, implement the steps required, and bing bang boom - look there you are being more awesome than ever!

Here is a fortune I got in a cookie, I love this one, I want you to have this too~

"Expect the best and life takes on new meaning"



Love Hugs and Flowers to you the whole day through

lovenailpolish

If you want to, join me in this inlinks by linking to a picture of you wearing purple, any weblink, facebook, flickr, etc will work!  Anytime you want to you are invited to link your purple picture, and share any thoughts you wish on how to achieve greater personal peace.

You can get the inlinkz code for your page here.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful color and design. Thx for the inspiring words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo! And your words of advice are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very strong person, dear! it's not always easy to ignore the bullies...


    This nail design idea looks soooo oriental to me:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.