Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Blingy Orange Rim Tip Manicure

Hi there!

Today I am sharing a spontaneous manicure inspired by the fact that I have not worn orange for a while.  

This is China Glaze Riveting with gold Blackheart Beauty Rim Tips and a lashing of Revlon Sequins, a dupe to SOPI Only Gold for Me jewelry topcoat



I absolutely adore manicures with metallic polish accents. In low lights the metallic bits flash and reflect light, and catch they eye.

These rim tips are inspired by the brass corners on leather luggage or furnishings, which protect the leather.



On my pinkie the color is a bit off, because there is a layer of Kleancolor Holo Scarlet in there somewhere.  Riveting is so opaque, it covered it up.  I am wearing these nails as I type, this is an enjoyable manicure!

After I counted and organized my 642 bottles of nail polish, believe it or not I wanted more!  I went right over to Walmart to reward my hard work!


These came home with me. Wet n Wild On a Trip and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Shoot the Moon.  These are some of the most interesting shades I have been hearing and reading about lately.  I put down about four other polishes I wanted. Restraint shown? CHECK!

Here is a comparison between three sweet pink glitters, the middle one, Salon Perfect Glitzy Glam, was swatched on this blog in my last post here.

L to R :Revlon Core shade pink glitter (sorry forgot to note name), Salon Perfect Glitzy Glam, NOPI Haley Good Lookin


Glitzy Glam has holo pieces, the other two didn't look holo, but the NOPI is the sparkliest and priciest at around $8. Any of these are great for Valentines manicures.


Here is the disappointing Pure Ice display at my Walmart. It is so unattractive! Splash, the blue on the left is a favorite of mine. I hope it isn't discontinued.  There is a new line coming out, and some shades are discontinued, in case you missed that news.


When are you going to get a new Pure Ice display here Walmart? Many other displays are brand new lately, I keep waiting for this to be updated with the new shades. I think I have seen one or two of the new shades but they are randomly placed in other companies displays!

Oh well, I am grateful for my local polish stores, including my Walmart, whatever condition they are in! When I need a polish fix, Walmart is one of my go to spots!

Happy Day Sweet Hearts!
Lovenailpolish


7 comments:

  1. The orange and gold look smashing together! I just love your nails, you pull off that shape and length so well ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there lovely Liesl! Thank you so much sweet lady, this is certainly one of the nicest compliments my nails have ever gotten ! You are so kind to say, they are getting so long, it is a bit much. I think it is chop chop time soon, but I never have the heart!

      Happy Valentines Liesl! A little early, just feeling the love!

      Delete
  2. Great combo! Orange looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kas! That is so kind of you to say, I love orange and I think it loves me. WE are in love LOL! Hey, I think green is in love with you, look at your gorgeous pretties over there in your avi. Those are fantastic.

      Happy Valentines XOXO

      Delete
  3. I love that color! It's so perfect for summer :) I love your blog! Specially the photos because they are so detailed and clear, I can really understand about your post. I followed you on GFC! Maybe you can come by mine too and maybe follow each other? :) Thank you for this post! I can't wait to read more of your posts. More power to you!

    XOXO
    Your new follower,
    www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sabs, Thank you very much for joining my blog : ) I smiled to see you there today, and this comment you left me is the very nicest I have gotten on my blog to date. So, your link goes in because you are so sweet!

      I will follow you too now.

      Happy Valentines Day a bit early! <3

      Delete
  4. Your nails look incredible looks like gold jewelry ring bands on your tips.

    My Walmart doesn't have all the new ones either :(

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.