Saturday, February 23, 2013

Easy Valentines Manicure


Hi there !

Here I am finally sharing an easy manicure I made in celebration of Valentines Day.

I spotted this design on a anonymous lady shopper in Kohls, and copied it shamelessly.


 This is OPI the Thrill of Brazil and LA Colors in silver foil.  This was extremely enjoyable to wear.

I love the flash of silver, and the way the pointy heart made my nail look longer.  I adore this mani and will do it again next year.

I can also envision painting all the nails with silver tips to match the bottom part of the nail with the heart. I really love tipping the nails with shiny metallic, like I did here and here. The shiny flash contrast is so eye catching.

Here is what I have been painting instead of my nails.  I have been painting the hallway for two going on three weekends.  It is taking four times longer than anticipated!  That is the story of DIY at my house, and this is a recurrent theme in my life over the years. I fix up houses where I live, and as much as I can I do myself.  When I finish this hallway project I will show you "after" picture.

I have painted the walls three times and need to go over it another time. I made two mistakes.  I didn't buy all my paint up front and ended up buying a third gallon which had primer (second mistake) and was a shade lighter.  So my third coat was not matching up exactly. So I should have been completely finished at three coats, but instead now I am doing a fourth this morning.

I am a bit of a perfectionist, and this is a very well lit sun filled entry, so every streak and holiday shows. Painting a room is a bit of work and not nearly so easy as they make it seem on telly!  For me it is a huge effort to paint up there along that ceiling. But it is fun, and the results are worth every bit of effort. I can not wait to finish! That is the best part of all!


May your paint and or polish flow smoothly today and not bubble. See you soon : D


Love
Lovenailpolish

12 comments:

  1. You're a busy bee! LOVE this mani, and am looking forward to seeing the finished wall painting post! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wendy! Thank you so much : ) I look forward to sharing ever more of my painting adventures with you ! Friends such as yourself make it so much fun : D

      Delete
  2. Cute nails! And I agree about the finished product being the best part! Painting the walls are always a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much : D You said a true thing there! My neck and shoulder were hurting so bad I had to ice them and take a two day break from painting! OUCH! LOL

      Delete
  3. Love the mani and completely in love with your entry-way! I know it'll be beautiful when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Angela! You are such a sweetheart. Thank you for your kind words. I will be so happy when I can finally show you the after picture. It is so incredible what a little (or a lot in this case) of paint can do!

      Delete
  4. Ugh! Hate painting! But, love the pointy heart... it's so you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that is so sweet, hunny! : D Thank you : D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley! I am glad you liked this Valentine : D It really shows how I feel about nail polish and my blog readers! Plainly and simply it is pure LOVE!

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.