Monday, March 11, 2013

China Glaze Frostbite + Hard Candy so so sequins

Happy Monday : )

  Today I have for you China Glaze Frostbite and another Hard Candy from the new line, so so sequin.


Frostbite is shown with two coats. I love this electric blue!  Cobalt blue with matching shimmer. I wore this once when I bought it and have been wanting to wear it again. 

Three coats would eliminate the VNL, it was less apparent in real life.


I didn't wait but a minute before I tried a glitter gradient, it worked ok, but failed on the ring finger. This glitter is thick and clumpy, but that means full coverage.  This is one coat.


I chose my lunch chips based on my nailcolor.


So so sequins has small EDIT: "barely pink" holo micro glitters and large blue hexes.  It is beautiful and very holographic in even low light.  It dries slightly rough and needs topcoat. I applied one coat.

My thumbnail dinged when wet, but this wore very well.   Two days and they feel hard like iron, no chips at all. The glitter tip gradient is great for weak nails, this type of manicure reinforces nail tips incredibly well. 


We took a Sunday drive, the wildflowers are in full flower here in beautiful Sonoma County. I want to take pictures every time I leave the house, it is so pretty here.


Those are wildflowers, not snow, between the still bare grape vines. 


I took these from a moving car.  I was the passenger.


Sheep!




HARD CANDY so so sequin

PROS
The formula is top quality
They do not test  on animals Here is their statement on their facebook page
This glitter is a essentially nearly full coverage
Big 3 free
The glitter lies flat and doesn't  "taco" or "scallop", however I have seen and heard that this is the case in other shades in the new Hard Candy line "/

CONS
You will need topcoat

That's it!
 Here  is the link to the coupon for $1 off Hard Candy Beauty at Walmart ! : D I copied the coupon into a word processor so I didn't have to print the whole page.

Love
Lovenailpolish


8 comments:

  1. No flowers here yet, still in the 30s...
    I love this blue!!! And great job with the glitter gradient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist sharing my flower pics, I love sharing things I love with my lovely readers. The 30's still, brrr! I think China Glaze Frostbite would be a good choice or that weather LOL

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is one brilliant blue, how could I not have this?

    It is beautiful where you live. Our flowers aren't blooming here yet, but they will be coming soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna, it is an easy to find fabulous blue. Very striking indeed. I am glad I can share some early blooms with you. Our weather in Sonoma county is a bit weird, cold damp winters and long dry summers, but I am not complaining! I am curious about where you live now LOL!

      Delete
  3. Hey! That's a really pretty glitter. I believe Sally Hansen came out with one similar to that and China Glaze as well. But I imagine that Hard Candy is way more afforable. Thanks for your swatch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right Kitty! Excellent point, I should have mentioned that, CG Lorelei's Tiara is similar, minus the holo glitters, and the SH is a Gem Crush I believe. Yes, I passed on those both, and I am glad because this has the extra va voom I need in my polishes. That is right, I said va voom!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Shannara, thank you : D I wish my camera did it justice. Must. Get. New. Camera.

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.