Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Revlon Heavenly over Sally Girl Banana Scented Polish

Hi!

Here is a banana-riffic manicure I recently enjoyed!  
This Sally Girl mini is banana yellow and banana scented. I picked it up last summer for $0.99 as an impulse buy at the checkout at Sally's, as one does.

This polish turned out to be a fantastic yellow! I love the scent, formula and color. This is two coats of yellow banana perfection. NOTE It only smells when dried completely! 

I chose it that day because it is the approximate color I was painting my hallway, so splatters would blend in, see what I did there?



Revlon Heavenly took it over the top. This polish is so pretty on this light yellow! I think it is best over light milky cremes, since the base is somewhat milky. This is a great polish and manicure for Easter!


I have numbered my polishes with a sharpie and entered them in a spreadsheet to help me find them. It is working out really well.


My man said my nails were pretty. I was surprised at how much I loved this manicure.  But I adore wearing this light shade of yellow. I love it so much I painted my hall and living room almost the same color.




Painting tip: I wrap my brush in saran wrap and pop it in the fridge between painting sessions.  This saves me cleaning brushes again and again. Same with rollers.


I still need to populate my cabinet with my perfume bottle collection, but the pain-ting is over! Next to paint the trim, and the hall is really complete. 


Thanks for reading : )

Love
Lovenailpolish

17 comments:

  1. Love it!Both look amazing
    I do the same with my rollers and brushes. I hate having to cleaning paint brushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you : D It is so easy not to clean up until the very end, I have even frozen rollers, if it will be a while between coats. Just have to remember to thaw it out! : D

      Delete
  2. Wow, you can sure pull off yellow! Looks so cute:) So what do you mean about wrapping them in wrap and putting them in the fridge? So you can use a different color on top? Or how does this all work? I hate cleaning brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Essie Rae! If you will be doing more painting with the exact same color, but later in the day or the next day, rather than cleaning my paintbrush, I will wrap it tightly in saran wrap. It doesn't dry out much if you seal it up, and when you are ready to go again viola! Same with rollers, I will pull them off and wrap those in foil or saran wrap overnight/between coats. Are you a DIY lady too? ; D

      Delete
  3. You re right, it's a perfect Easter color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! It is now an easy to find color as well, since Revlon made it core : D Yaay!

      Delete
  4. A banana as an accessory! Haha love it! That chandalier is awesome x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy,I am also quite fond of the chandelier, I am surprised and so pleased that I didn't smash it when I banged it several times with the ladder (!). I am also surprised it was still even there, this was a foreclosure and they stripped some of the other fixtures, and there were signs that they had tried to take this too. I think it is original, the dust on there seemed to be! LOL

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Shannara! I struggled with these pictures, so I am glad you enjoyed it : D

      Delete
  6. This looks fantastic on you! And love the color choice of your paint. I've always had a thing for yellow kitchens, myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela. I am flattered that you like it : D Oh I agree, my kitchen is summer squash yellow and I LOVE it to bits. I did the exact same two colors, squash and butter in my last house too. I love the cheerful brightness yellow brings to my rooms. : )

      Though I must confess, after all that butter yellow, I am doing my study a different color. I think.

      For some reason, certain pastel nail polishes don't work for me, but there are others that really make my day any time of the year and this is one of them.

      Delete
  7. I so missed out on this polish. It looks great on you. Love your hall way girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they will bring it back this summer. I love the coconut one too, it is awesome! It takes me right back to summer every time : ) Hmmm now I miss the smell of warm coconut suntan oil in the summer!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi there Lovely Lydz! Coming from yourself this is a high compliment! You have fabulous skills and taste! : D

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.