Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness - What it Means to Me


Hi friend!

Following up on my news from yesterday, today I learned that I will be having a partial mastectomy in one week, then undergo treatments of chemo and radiation and medication over the next year, but most intensively in the next three months.

Unfortunately, I have an agressive and invasive form of cancer, so the next bit when I find out what stage I am at will be a very important piece of information for my long term prognosis. All signs point to early days yet. I am scared though because I put off getting this lump checked for five months. Please never do what I did.

I will be updating this site with information about my recovery once I am healed from my surgery. I may update first on twitter, because that is easier for me. My handle is @lovenailpolish3

I am taking this on as a project, and I am going to get it done just like I always do. I try to learn as much as I possibly can about a subject and do my best job of completing it. That is the goal, I don't achieve perfection, ever, but I almost always get my goal accomplished in the end.

I like to handle everything with a sense of humor, and so I am trying to keep a smile on my face and enjoy every day. I am going to try to undergo these treatments with a positive outlook and kick cancer's ass.

Watch me throw down on some healing and win in an epic manner !    : )




I may blog and do nails again in the next week until surgery and after that as I can.

Take care and thank you for your positive thoughts and comments so far! It really lifts my spirits up to feel the love and support from friends who care.  : D Thank you !

Oh and I want to mention a friend of this blog Arielle Thibodeaux, who is up for Allure Blogger of the YEAR! She is such a friendly and lovely lady, check out her contest entries and vote for your pick  here.  She blogs about beauty but not just about the physical kind, and that is part of what makes her a standout. Check her awesome blog out here.

It is bloggers like Arielle who talk about all kinds of things in addition to beauty and products that are real and meaningful that have inspired me to share more of my personal story.

I will be updating again here as soon as I possibly can.

Love to each
Lovenailpolish





14 comments:

  1. Oh girl, my prayers & strength to you and your family. <3 And thank you for sharing about your personal life with all us readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you for the shout out!

    I will be thinking of you during this surgery! You're gonna kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my pretty. You are going to kick this cancer's ass. That I know with every ounce of my being.

    This time...right now...is your time. Your time for healing and renewal. Think about the kind of music, art, literature, and people you want to surround yourself with. And then tell everyone you know about these powerful things, so that when it's all added up, you've got this unbefreakinglievable system of crazy ass strong-as-can-be vibes, embracing and loving you up.

    :)


    Hang in there. Keep smiling.

    Lots of love and super duper kick-ass vibes,

    And yes...UPDATE. Lots. <3

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very insightful comment Lisa. It is my time now. I have waited my whole life to do my thing, and now I am going to fight to get it done. Because I am not done yet. : ) So far I am staying strong thanks to support like this.

      I will definitely let y'all know my status as my healing progresses : D

      Thank you Lisa for being here for me and your encouragement. It means more than you can ever know. I love this comment !

      Delete
  4. "I am going to try to undergo these treatments with a positive outlook and kick cancer's ass."

    With that attitude, I am 100% positive you are going to kick it's ass and be just fine!!!! Remember, it's all about the attitude, don't let it get you down, it all is happening for a reason! as I stated on twitter, thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there TLC! You are a very smart lady clearly, because I agree with you, I have what it takes. If anyone could ever beat what I have, I have the right mental attitude now. Funny though how life is working out, I only achieved this attitude about two weeks ago!

      I believe I will get better, and with friends and support like yours I am feeling better already! : D

      Delete
  5. Will be thinking of you, and hoping for the best <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna Froggy, I think you positive thoughts are going to help me. Thank you so much for that honey! HUGS

      Delete
  6. I still keep my fingers crossed, it mist be nerve wrecking to wait to find out what stage you are in...
    Humor is truly important, so I hope you will be able to keep it up, even in the most gloomy moments, but it's OK to cry too...
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this Maria, I do burst out in tears from time to time and am embarrassed when it is in public, but people understand. Just like you. And if they don't they may some day.

      You are right about the sense of humor. I love comedy and to laugh, that is my thang man! I am going to keep a smile and a joke ready for the hard times all the way through.

      I sense you are a wise woman, Maria. I am becoming one too I believe! : D

      Delete
  7. My love...I like to consider you my friend even though we have never met our twitter convo's always leave me smiling :)
    I have no doubt you will "KICK CANCER'S ASS"!!!!!!!!!!
    I am sending you lots and lots of positive vibes and mucho amor <3
    Keep your sprit high even when your body feels low but it's always ok to vent, cry and rage. We are always here for you...even if you just need a virtual hug sent all the way from the East Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My prayers are with you! Please stay positive it is very important to stay positive. Please continue to do your nails because its something you love and it will be a good distraction. Unfortunately breast cancer also hit my mother but she survived and so will you :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My love and prayers go out to you! I know how hard it can be, I lost my aunt to cancer but her fight and strength is what everyone remembers her for. Be strong and soon the scoreboard will say "you:1, cancer: 0".

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.