Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Inspired by Great Britain - China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On

Hi everyone.

This is China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On, part of the 2013 Limited Edition Avant Garden collection.  

This name is inspired by the famous poster Keep Calm and Carry On, which was made in Great Britain to boost morale during WWII but never actually published. Here is a link for a bit of history about this poster. 

The color and name of this polish helped me through a stressful day last week. I had to go to the doctor's for my annual checkups, I hate going to the doctor's and I get anxious whenever I do. 


Looking at this beautiful secretly shimmering minty green helped me relax. Remembering the name actually helped, and it's inspiration helped me to remember how many people before me have faced much more scary things and have remained calm.

Stiff upper lip is the idea here. Big girl blouse. You get the idea!


This is two coats without topcoat. It was a bit thick, but this gives it opacity.  I found the best way to apply this one is to put one thin coat and then one thick coat and done! The formula is good enough that the thick coat will dry in a reasonable time. 

This polish is beautiful, and I am really glad I got it, though it is very close to China Glaze Refresh-mint, pictured in this post. This has subtle silver shimmer where Refresh-mint does not. KCPO is also slightly lighter. 


 Here is the menacing poster they had in the front waiting area. I REALLY didn't enjoy this reminder when waiting in the doctor's waiting room, but of course it is true. True, but not really comforting, thanks doc.


To calm myself, I observed how beautiful and tranquil Keep Calm, Paint On makes me feel when I look at it. It matched the walls.



  I also read one of James Herriot's books, All Things Wise and Wonderful.

I was laughing out loud in the waiting room.  It had been a few years since I read this one. His writing is hilarious.

His wonderful books were also made into a television series by the BBC, which plays on public television in the United States, entitled All Creatures Great And Small. I loved watching these programs about the gentle country veterinarian, they were really funny!


Here are a few pictures from when I visited the actual veterinary offices of James Herriot in Thirsk. Here is a link to the official site.

Here is the back of the veterinary offices where James Herriot lived and worked, his wife, Helen waved her dishtowel to him out the back window.  Obviously, from the words James wrote about Helen, loved lived here.


Here I am a reproduction set of the television program. What is that Mrs. Mullins? Your dog is having the vapors? I will be right there!



Movies were made, Anthony Hopkins!


Thirsk, Yorkshire.


Beauty spots are easy to find around here.


So romantic!


This last picture, of the rolling green hills with the webs of rock walls epitomizes the Yorkshire countryside, is what I think of when I think of the beauty of Yorkshire. What a lovely and peaceful place is the Yorkshire countryside.



China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On

Pros

Gorgeous two coater
Secret shimmer adds shine and depth
Cruelty Free
Big 3 Free
Calms me right down


Cons

NONE BUT it is LE (Limited Edition) and I don't have a backup.

Love
Lovenailpolish


9 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely photos - and I love this polish too, look forward to using it myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you enjoy it too Maria! : D Thank you very much!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photographs and beautiful polish. I hope that you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet lady. You are so sweet to care about me (HUGS) I hope you are well also! I am feeling fine, but I will feel better once I get my test results back : D Will update y'all if anything significant.

      Delete
  3. This polish is so pretty, and the name is awesome! I am glad it helped you through a stressful day. Your photos are all very gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Jenna. Thank you for looking and again, as always, thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  4. Nice pics and lovely shade of polish

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.