Tuesday, April 2, 2013

OPI Catch Me in Your Net - Blue for Autism Awareness


Hello everyone.

Here I sport blue polish in order to support Autism Awareness Day.

This is OPI Catch Me In Your Net, part of a limited edition Summer Flutter collection from 2010. This is a great nail polish. A well known dupe to Zoya Charla.  It is a fine addition to a polish collection.  I remember gazing at it in wonder the first time I applied it, this one is so so sparkly! This is three coats with no topcoat.

Autism is a mysterious disorder with no known cure, in which the sufferer has difficulty in communicating and interacting with others, and exhibits repetitive behavior. It begins to become evident at around age 2.


It is becoming more common in the United States, with 11.3 of 1000 children identified with an Autism Spectrum Disorder in the United States in 2012 according to the Center For Disease Control. 

More boys than girls are diagnosed with Autism 1 in 54 vs 1 in 252 according to the CDC website.


My hope is that one day we will find a way to prevent and cure Autism, so no more children and their families have to suffer the effects of this disorder.

Love
Lovenailpolish

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful color to kick off the month in, Iggy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you are right Lies, another month has gone by us! Thank you sweetie! You are too sweet!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color and glad you promoted Awareness!
    My little brother has Asperger's Syndrome, and the condition definitely needs some attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melody. I am happy to support awareness of this disorder, I agree we need to learn more about it so we can be more sympathetic and understanding to others who suffer, for any reason. I wish you and your little brother the best, obviously he is lucky in having a supportive older sister such as yourself.

      Thank you for visiting and your kind comments.

      Delete
  3. Lovely color and good of you to post information about autism, so important! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Wieteke! I agree, it is important!

      Delete
  4. I really love this colour.:D

    Viola
    http://wunderbarkleider.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viola, Hello. That was my grandmothers name, it is so rare and beautiful to me : ) Welcome and thank you : )

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful color for a great cause. I always love the colors of blue that you wear. :0) Huggles, gf!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.