Monday, April 15, 2013

Sharing My Bad News Moment


EDIT: I wrote this Friday, publishing Monday. I hesitated to share but today after some thought I feel I want to.

My rose garden yesterday. This is the most beautiful time of year in  the garden.

I just got some bad news.  I found a lump and it turned out to be breast cancer.  I just found out the test results. I don't know very much yet. I met with a nurse "navigator" and she was upbeat about my cure chances because it is very early.  I am going to learn a lot more about breast cancer soon. More than I wanted to know in fact.  Looks like the next year or so are going to be very "unique" for me.

Please if you have a lump too go get it checked out. I have no history of breast cancer in my family, this is a shocker, but at the same time I knew it was possible.

Bummer. I thought running that 5k run for breast cancer research and buying those pink things gave me immunity or something.

BUT, I have excellent medical care in the United States.  And it was caught early.

I am tempted to run from the doctors but I have to face this.   Good thing I had a good think about acceptance when I wrote February's  Purple Thursday for Peace post, here, and I have taken it to heart.  This is bad news but there will be some really great silver linings somewhere. Like maybe I will do the things I always say I will and never actually do!  Like write a book.

I am reading back on this as I write and can hardly believe it.

DAMMMNNNNNN.


On a lighter note, I bought eight polishes today. I bought the entire Julie G Gumdrops set through Groupon and Hard Candy crush on gold and Rimmel Sunny Days.

I am going to be fine, no matter what. Will keep you updated when anything of significance happens.

Love
Lovenailpolish


9 comments:

  1. With your kind of upbeat you can get through this. You are strong and have strength and i wish you all the best for upcoming future with treatments etc xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry to hear this. It's good that you caught this early and I wish you a speedy recovery. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I'm so sorry to hear this - my heart goes out to you, really!!
    I know it must be difficult, but it really sounds like the chances of full recovery should be really good - I for one cross my fingers, wish you all the best - and give you a huge virtual hug... <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you in my thoughts & sending good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will support you the whole way! I'm glad the nurse was optimistic. Either way, you're totally allowed to feel anything you want about it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you in my prayers, Iggy <3 You've got absolutely the right attitude, and it's wonderful that it was caught early. It certainly doesn't alleviate any of the scariness but you've got lots of things working for you :) BIG hugs, girlie, you've got this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow....So sorry to hear this. Good thing is that it was caught early. And you can do it! It's a bumpy road but you can handle this. And you WILL beat it! This is definitely a good example of why we all need to take ANY breast lump seriously, despite what anyone may say. A few years back, I found a lump in my right breast. It turned out to be a fatty cyst, and the doctor who did my mammogram treated me like I was a complete moron for being concerned. But to this day if I find anything suspicious, I have it checked out. No matter what anyone says, doctors included, if there is a lump, it needs to be checked out. Good on you for not ignoring yours. And I'll be sending positive, healing vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the right frame of mine right now! You will go through a roller coaster of emotions, but in the end you need to make sure you stay positive and keep stress as reduced as possible so it does not suppress your immune system. You will need a strong immune system to take you through your treatment. And make sure you have a good support system...that is very important. Last year I was diagnosed with melanoma, a very serious form of skin cancer, and I over came it! I will be sending you all my good vibes, positive thoughts and you will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending love, huggles, and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.