Thursday, May 2, 2013

Julie G Frosted Gumdrops - Tangerine Dream


Hi sweetness : )

Here is a lovely polish I have to share with you today, Julie G Tangerine Dream.  It is the orangiest looking orange I have ever seen.  It looks so much more like a real orange than a gumdrop in my opinion.


I wanted to photograph this polish with a gumdrop, but I couldn't bring myself to buy any for fear I would end up eating them. LOL  I don't like them, but if they are around they may end up in the food cave.



 This polish is my least favorite of the Gumdrops, because it is slightly more sheer. It took three to four coats to achieve this opacity. The others are opaque at one or two.



Wait, do you see what I see?


 There. On my thumb.


 


That is Finger Paints Fishin for Fun. I love this glitter! It has two colors of pink shards in a clear base and it is so fun and shiny! It glammed up my Gumdrop a treat.  Here I go getting it all over more nails, with topcoat too.

Because of the two colors of glitter, FFF has more interest than a solid shard glitter. The light pink reflects in some lights, the dark fuchsia in others. This one is a keeper.  



Have yourself a beautiful day, thank you for brightening my day by visiting me here : )

Love
Lovenailpolish



15 comments:

  1. I'm currently rocking this one on my tootsies and I agree with you on the sheerness. It did take more coats than the others. Love the pairing with Fishin for Fun, reminds me of a blood orange!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dani! : ) Thank you for this comment. I am glad to know you agree on my assessment. I adore orange and pink glitters combined, and this combo really is getting close to my hg combo! Are you listening nail polish companies?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful roses! We didn't trim ours in time this year so we're still patiently awaiting our first blooms. I love how you photographed the texture of the polish with a real orange :) SO pretty with the shard glitter, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Liesl! You have some pretties too? And you still have the first flush of Spring to look forward to! Lucky you! I am already deadheading and spraying for black spot! I love it until a thorn grabs me : )

      I am glad you like the photos Liesl, getting creative with them is something I really am enjoying lately, so I appreciate this feedback greatly. : ) It is very gratifying somehow when I recognize a polish is mimicking the finish of an object in my environment, I am forever noticing how things match my nails

      Delete
  3. Orange and purple really look great together. I love FFF too, it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Courtney! Fishin for Fun is a great thing to do and a fab polish for me and you! Thank you for joining my blog and your insightful comment. Obviously you are a woman of discernment and taste, like many of my readers ; ) LOL

      Welcome!

      Delete
  4. I am not a big fan of orange but I really love this!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may begin to find orange is beyond exciting! I know I did when I went to Amsterdam on Queensday! The town turns orange, and I loved it!

      Delete
  5. I love this! It looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! I think it would also look great on you!

      Delete
  6. Aw, it kind of does look edible LOL - it's very pretty, even if I haven't caved to the texture polishes yet :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.