Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Introducing the New Series - After The Cut

Hello and welcome to the first installment of my new series After the Cut, where I update you on my treatment for Her 2 positive, hormone positive breast cancer after the lumpectomy.

Hi, just a quickie update. I came through the chemo session fine!  I didn't have any immediate reactions, which is very good news.

I don't even feel tired, yet. In fact I started to become insomniac. I think I am feeling tingling in my hands and feet which may mean my small finger and toe nerves are being attacked by the chemo, which can damage them.  This is some of the bad news for me, Herceptin and chemo damages hands and nails sometimes.  Splitting, peeling, discoloration and lifting and even loss of nails can occur. I KNOW.  Only five more hard chemo sessions to go now over 17 weeks, but still 51 weeks of Herceptin.

Oh, I decided to get the same BRCA gene test Angelina had done. I will weigh the results in my decision to perhaps opt for a double mastectomy later if I have the mutation of the gene. It will take two months to get the results.  I learned we all have the BRCA genes 1 and 2, the mutation or damage to the gene is the problem.  The idea of no more mammograms, ultrasounds, biopsies and lumpectomies is quite appealing, I am slightly more likely to get breast or ovarian cancer now, because I already had cancer.  If I have the gene mutation also, I will strongly consider the DMX.


I wore these lavender nails to a lavender farm. This is OPI Rumple's Wiggin, a favorite light purple cream. A great polish for any day, especially if you go to a lavender farm. It covers well in two coats, as I am showing it here with topcoat. I have worn this one a few times, which says it is a favorite.

I am planning a post of Platinum Linings right now, to share the uplifting and wonderful things that have happened to me as a result of the cancer diagnosis. The blessings I am realizing are really piling up.

One of them is you, my readers and friends who have taken time to read and have even commented here and have offered me so much support.  I cannot express to you enough how much this means to me right now.  Thank you very much for reading and supporting me!  I feel so much hope and support right now and it is such a wonderful feeling .

Love
Lovenailpolish

10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that Chemo was OK for you - let's hope it stays that way!
    I didn't realize that OPI Rumple's Wiggin was this beautiful - *sigh* new lemming created...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this! I feel more confident that I am going to be able to get through the treatments now, after the first one was not so bad!

      There is something about Rumple's Wiggin, I don't know why, but it is so nice : ) I guess it is such a calming color with a nice formula, that really makes it appealing.

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear you had no immediate negative reactions to the chemo. Well done for taking charge of your health! Lovely mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really apprehensive, because I always go to the worst case scenario. Now I do feel a tad silly, because I am not so ill as I thought I would be! YAAY! Thank you for coming here and encouraging me. I appreciate it so much! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear the chemo went well - or as well as chemo can be - and hopefully everything will work out for the best! Beautiful polish color, I'm obsessed at the moment with lilacs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cupcake! I appreciate your well wishes so much, and by the way you have great taste.

      Delete
  4. glad to hear Chemo was good for you! well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Chemo is my cancer killin bullet! Bang bang!

      Delete
  5. This polish really goes well with your skin color. Love the color on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubs made this comment, I was logged into his machine, he didn't see!

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your supportive and thoughtful comments so much! I really do love hearing what YOU think!

Comments with links will be deleted.